Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Unfortunately it was not released for that motherboard.

Would you think it would be a good idea to modify a package from another motherboard?
Sure. I believe Elias built such a package already in this thread, but with a modified firmware. We would only need to replace the firmware file with original firmware...

Hey, folks.

I would like to know which path to follow to update my environment to Monterey 12.3. My BIOS version is f9b and OpenCore 0.7.4 with SystemProductName = iMac19,1 . I'm using Big Sur 11.6.5 and I have an AMD 5700 XT

Hey, folks.

I would like to know which path to follow to update my environment to Monterey 12.3. My BIOS version is f9b and OpenCore 0.7.4 with SystemProductName = iMac19,1 . I'm using Big Sur 11.6.5 and I have an AMD 5700 XT
the info is in post 1

Hey, folks.

BIOS F9b is okay although F9g or F9i should be considered at some point.

Please upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.8 first, before installing Monterey. See the mini-guide in the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1 for 0.7.8 installation.

Also make a full bootable backup of Big Sur.

Because you have AMD 5700 XT, you will see graphics glitches in Monterey 12.3. Don’t worry about that for now. After the upgrade to Monterey is complete, we can help you fix the graphics glitches. I plan to create a simple guide for that soon.

Sure. I believe Elias built such a package already in this thread, but with a modified firmware. We would only need to replace the firmware file with original firmware...
Thank you!
I will search his posts on this thread and try it. I hope I don’t brick it before selling the computer :lol:

Last edited:
Hello there. I want to update from Mojave to Big Sur. I have exactly the setup from the initial post. Is it possible to do the satandard update to Big Sur?

Hello there. I want to update from Mojave to Big Sur. I have exactly the setup from the initial post. Is it possible to do the satandard update to Big Sur?
Hello @cheliocentric

Are you current using Clover or OpenCore?

Back