Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

yes sir, bad manipulation with codes...

5AM: Updated!

Please check again when you have a time

EDIT: I think I missed the part of fields length for Vendor and Device name.

6AM:

I think, now I can die in peace.
Thank you Sir @CaseySJ and Sir @joevt. Sorry for my awful questions!

HackinDROM for GIGABYTE Z390 is fully working now!

The other Motherboards and PCIe devices will be available in the week. My brain needs some rest.
That's much better:
  • UID works
  • Changing Vendor and Device names also works

@CaseySJ Hey mate! Finally, I have found out the answer to why Bluetooth keeps dropping connecting and I cannot vanilla install 10.15.5, because of the Corsair Commander Pro, I attached its USB connector on HS11 and the Bluetooth USB connected to Commander.

It worked very well under Mojave, do I have any solution to resolve this issue other than removing the light switcher from the case? Thx in advance!
Please have a look at the post below and the link contained in that post:

@CaseySJ Recently I'm getting (rather rare) CPU panics, seems like some issue with the NVME controller, panic log and my Clover EFI folder attached.

I'm using a Mushkin Helix-L 500 M.2 SSD in slot 1 (Windows) and a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD in slot 2 for the Hackintosh. Any idea?

Would appreciate any help, still getting these CPU panics from time to time. Link to original post: #23,368

Would appreciate any help, still getting these CPU panics from time to time. Link to original post: #23,368
Some questions:
  • Is the 970 EVO Plus running the latest firmware?
  • Was the system running fine for several weeks or months before the kernel panics began?

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

It's strongly recommended to make a full bootable backup before proceeding any further. Then proceed with the Security Update.

Regarding the Ethernet port, please check System Information --> Ethernet Cards to see if both ports are listed. Feel free to post a screenshot of that.

I did a fully bootable backup as soon as I had got the system up and running. Thanks for the reminder though.
I'll make sure the backup is up to date and then try the security update, I just didn't know if it'd break it!!!

Regarding the Ethernet port not working, I've attached a screen shot of my System Information and also of my installed extensions. I'm assuming its the one driven by the Small Tree kext that's not working but it looks like its present.
Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 07.04.00.png
Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 07.05.21.png
Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 07.05.50.png

I did notice that when I was building the system before I did the Post Installation stuff neither of the Ethernet ports were showing up and now its just that one.

Would really appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Thanks

I did a fully bootable backup as soon as I had got the system up and running. Thanks for the reminder though.
I'll make sure the backup is up to date and then try the security update, I just didn't know if it'd break it!!!

Regarding the Ethernet port not working, I've attached a screen shot of my System Information and also of my installed extensions. I'm assuming its the one driven by the Small Tree kext that's not working but it looks like its present.
View attachment 479478View attachment 479479View attachment 479480
I did notice that when I was building the system before I did the Post Installation stuff neither of the Ethernet ports were showing up and now its just that one.

Would really appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Thanks
The /L/E folder looks fine. Some questions/requests:
  • Please post a screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • And a screenshot of Clover Configurator --> System Parameters page
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you see RP02 (do not use the 'search' bar)
    • Do you see something like this?
    • If not, please post a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 5.48.13 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi All,

I was back in my studio today mixing. After shuffling some cards and squeezing my SATA card under my giant noctua CPU cooler I put my $20 KT4006 Inatek USB3 pci-e card in and......... no USB freezes all day. :headbang:I hooked the internal connector to my case ports and used a USB dongle for BT.

@mobi , @ziggenpuss , @jleahy2 how are you fairing?
are we over this hump?!?

(BTW, I still had freezes using the just the usb2 ports and eliminating my powered hootoo hub).
No, still having some daily USB freeze. However what I have been noticing is it will freeze on a 'USB Eject'.
For example I have a Lacie USB3 drive with music on - this will get ejected at random and I get the little window telling me it's done so.. need to reboot to be able to do anything.

I've also been playing around with the physical plugging in of and the usb.kext for USB3/USB2 configuration.
All USB2/USB3 devices will now be on separate ports once my new hub arrives.

I had also noticed not only would it freeze on USB eject but also on physically unplugging a cable.

@boob previous comment about the bridge seems like it may be connected and somehow is just ejecting or failing to see the USB.

Last edited:
No, still having some daily USB freeze. However what I have been noticing is it will freeze on a 'USB Eject'.
For example I have a Lacie USB3 drive with music on - this will get ejected at random and I get the little window telling me it's done so.. need to reboot to be able to do anything.

I've also been playing around with the physical plugging in of and the usb.kext for USB3/USB2 configuration.
All USB2/USB3 devices will now be on separate ports once my new hub arrives.

I had also noticed not only would it freeze on USB eject but also on physically unplugging a cable.

@boob previous comment about the bridge seems like it may be connected and somehow is just ejecting or failing to see the USB.
Yeah, think they might be worth trying out. They're very cheap. Got me thinking that maybe the software is trying to reference ground from the wrong pin or something? With the bridge it can see / feed it, but without there's nothing on the pin, so it's freaking out. Not sure whether that's even possible, but would be pretty ridiculous if it's that simple.

Yeah, think they might be worth trying out. They're very cheap. Got me thinking that maybe the software is trying to reference ground from the wrong pin or something? With the bridge it can see / feed it, but without there's nothing on the pin, so it's freaking out. Not sure whether that's even possible, but would be pretty ridiculous if it's that simple.

That's partly my thinking in splitting USB2/USB3 so no USB3 shares a USB2 port in the UIAC/kext and all my USB2, (keyboards,MIDI etc) are on USB2 ports 9,10 and all USB3 are on port 7.
I noticed when certain USB2 pieces of hardware were plugged into USB3 Hub they sometimes acted weird or in some cases better.. Maybe it is all down to a 'simple fix' but we're all experiencing different behaviour from different external pieces of hardware. Either that or we've all got our USB Port mappings completely wrong??:lol:

That's partly my thinking in splitting USB2/USB3 so no USB3 shares a USB2 port in the UIAC/kext and all my USB2, (keyboards,MIDI etc) are on USB2 ports 9,10 and all USB3 are on port 7.
I noticed when certain USB2 pieces of hardware were plugged into USB3 Hub they sometimes acted weird or in some cases better.. Maybe it is all down to a 'simple fix' but we're all experiencing different behaviour from different external pieces of hardware. Either that or we've all got our USB Port mappings completely wrong??:lol:
Yeah, I don't think we should need to though, with Macbook users experiencing the same thing, and other people with the same build as us (same mapping too), suggests maybe it's some of the peripherals we're using are either drawing a certain amount of power that is causing it to crash, or just as simple as the ground is connected to the pin that isn't referenced. Other peoples might draw a different amount, or simply have the right pin connected / bridged on the pcb / cable of whatever they're plugging in, so there's no problem. Might not be the cause at all, and I'm talking absolute rubbish, but I hope it's this stupid. If these adaptors work, which isn't totally proven yet, get the impression a software fix won't be far off.

Last edited:
Back