Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Have you tried switching to OcQuirks-4.efi + FwRuntimeServices.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000?
By the way, we can grab screenshots easily by pressing SHIFT-CMD-5.

I'm a linux guy by profession, so I have a habit of dealing with files in the shell.

I switched and it works now, I'll have to read up on the differences.

Thanks Casey!

Success (so far) !

I finally found a way to use latest OCquirks release with iGPU enabled, iMac19,1 SMBIOS without Memory Allocation Error and without the need for memoryallocation.efi nor OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi nor Aptiomemoryfix.efi

As describe on another forum, Gigabyte Z390 boards may need to edit the OCQuirks plist to change 2 options. I guess this solution may have been discussed already in this long thread, but then i think i missed it and just tried without success by directly copying the content of the release on UEFI drivers Folder of Clover.

Right now i got a few boots and reboots without issue, iGPU VDA Decoder "Fully Supported" in Hackintool, working QuickView and Preview apps (were broken without iGPU).
Also my settings for iGPU memory in Bios are 64MB DVMT Pre Alloc, 256MB Total GFX Memory, 512MB Aperture Size. Cannot remember if these are the default values or if i change something in my former attempts to make the iGPU work. If anyone has this info i'd like to know.

I'm having that issue..... what were the changes in the plist file?

im having that issue..... what were the changes in the plist file?
Please see column named TEST 4:

@CaseySJ .... so normally we install windows first and then Mac. so we all know how windows is and with busted drivers and such, what if you need to reinstall windows? will it affect the Mac install? str there any steps we should take in order not to break the boot loader etc?

@CaseySJ .... so normally we install windows first and then Mac. so we all know how windows is and with busted drivers and such, what if you need to reinstall windows? will it affect the Mac install? str there any steps we should take in order not to break the boot loader etc?
It's actually not so important that we install Windows first, but that we install Windows into an NVMe SSD in the upper M2M slot (closest to CPU) so that it's assigned to the "first bus address". When actually installing (or reinstalling) Windows, we should physically disconnect or remove every single macOS disk.

I'm having that issue..... what were the changes in the plist file?
As CaseySJ noted, there have been some tests as seen in this post for options changes in OCquirks plist.

And it worked for me to change the default values for DevirtualiseMmio (False>True) and ForceExitBootServices (True>False)

Hi @CaseySJ,

After several long hours and many reboot :banghead:... I finally have a significant step :headbang: on Titan Ridge but not fully operating :
Capture d’écran 2020-02-27 à 00.07.46.png

BIOS Configuration :
BIOS: F7
Discrete Tbt Support > Enabled
TBT Vtd base security > Disabled
Tbt Boot Support > PreBoot ACL <<
Security Level > No Security

GPIO3 Force Pwr > Enabled

DTBT Controller 0 > Enabled
TBT Host Roouter > Two port
Extra bus > 106
Reserved Memory > 353
Memory Alignment > 26
Reserved Pmem > 1184
Memory Alignment > 28
Reserved IO > 0

Important parameter on SSDT found after long time: On method ICMB (), P2TR value changed by the following :

P2TR = 0x05
While ((Local1 > Zero))
{
Local1 -= One
Local2 = T2PR /* \_SB_.PCI0.RP05.T2PR */
If ((Local2 & One))
{
Break
}

Sleep (0x32)
}
P2TR = Zero

I still have to search about this data on UPSB device register and how to configure it.

To do:
  1. Solve HotPlug .. I don't know how I lose it :confused:
  2. After boot with eGPU, The device is recognized and fully displayed on IOReg but It disconnect after around 20s (related to HotPlug ?)
  3. Find documentation about P2TR and T2PR data on UPSB

Last edited:
  • Also check CCC's Advanced Settings --> AFTER COPYING FILES to see that EFIClone-v4.sh is being selected from the Scripts folder and not some other folder.
  • And check that the Last Modified date/time for EFIClone.log matches the date/time of the last backup.

yup, and yup

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.15.30 (2).png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.15.30 (2).png
    305.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.17.41 (2).png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.17.41 (2).png
    351.7 KB · Views: 79
Hi @CaseySJ,

After several long hours and many reboot :banghead:... I finally have a significant step :headbang: on Titan Ridge but not fully operating :
View attachment 451823
@Elias64Fr,

Welcome to the Designare Z390 owner's circle! :) Glad to have you on board!

So the hardware installation and software setup went smoothly?

This evening I'll send you the latest TbtOnPch files.

Regarding the screenshot you posted, did that happen after a hot-plug/hot-unplug followed by a hard boot?

I see that no TB3 devices are connected, but the Local Node and Bus still appeared?

yup, and yup
Okay -- problem found:
  • We are only supposed to change TEST_SWITCH at the top of the file on Line 85.
  • But it seems you might have changed it everywhere throughout the file.
Please download EFIClone-v4.sh from the mini-guide once again, then remove the quarantine flag (xattr -d com.apple.quarantine EFIClone-v4.sh), change only line 85 to TEST_SWITCH="N", save the fie, then copy it to the CCC Scripts folder and secure that folder.

Back