Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I did not use SLE anymore for at least 2 Years. The problem is, that it is also harder to keep the SLE files in mind, when you update your clover. That's the point, where you get duplicates if you are not careful or simply not experienced enough.
This is almost a Republican versus Democrat issue! There is no right answer. The /Library/Extensions folder with a pre-calculated kernel cache is the de facto method for all third-party kexts in macOS. The Catalina Mini-Guide puts all kexts in CLOVER exclusively (for the time being), but the Mojave guide copies everything into /Library/Extensions and installs a minimum set in Clover.

Clover's "Inject Kexts" = "Detect" was designed for this purpose. Namely, if Clover finds either FakeSMC or VirtualSMC in /Library/Extensions, then it does not inject anything from the CLOVER/kexts folder, thereby avoiding any interference in this part of the boot process.

I did not use SLE anymore for at least 2 Years. The problem is, that it is also harder to keep the SLE files in mind, when you update your clover. That's the point, where you get duplicates if you are not careful or simply not experienced enough.

You shouldn't install any kext in S/L/E, they should go in L/E.

@CaseySJ this it's right ? I used Kext Utility for rebuild kernel caches. I haven't rebooted yet.
Capture d’écran 2020-01-07 à 23.28.59.png
Capture d’écran 2020-01-07 à 23.29.29.png

/System/Library/Extensions

but don't install 3rd party kexts in there, that is wrong

they would belong in /L/E

/Library/Extensions
Thanks I thought about that.

Back