Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,
I'm coming back to you for the "fixing audio procedure" (I know, I tend to push things when I don't need it, haha), because I have some time this weekend to have a look at it. I noticed that if I plug a headphone directly in the case (on the front panel) the sound "jump" time to time, getting louder then back to normal. Is that what this trick is supposed to fix? I don't really need it anyway, I am just curious.

You were saying you could help to do, how should I proceed? You said I could post my config.plist and that you can edit it for me (if you don't mind) if I remove the serial numbers from SMBIOS. how can I do such things?

Also, I plan to install Windows in one of the internal SSD. Do you have a tutorial link or something like this?

Thank you for all your help, my computer is running perfectly for 6 months without a problem.
Hello @Mochimino, let's address the 2 points:

Front panel audio
  • If you can hear sound from the front panel (even if the sound is choppy and uneven) then your config.plist configuration is most likely okay. I have assembled 3 different Hackintoshes now (Gigabyte Designare, Asus X99 Deluxe II, and ASRock Taichi) and the front panel audio is choppy and uneven in all of them.
    • This is why I recommend one of two solutions:
      • Use the green audio jack on the rear IO panel. This provides the best audio quality.
      • If you must use front-panel audio, consider a USB audio interface such as this model that is on sale for US$6.99.
Installing Windows
  • Please see the spoiler in the build guide, labeled Tips for Installing Windows 10. Here's a partial excerpt:
    Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.40.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Please try the attached config.plist but first:
  • Change SMBIOS to iMac19,1 again and ensure that serial numbers are populated in both SMBIOS and RtVariables.
  • Then mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD using Clover Configurator --> Mount EFI or some other tool.
  • Backup existing config.plist and copy new one in its place.
  • Reboot.
Do you see any listings in PCI section? Please post screenshot.

Forward thinking! Love it. Shouldn't be the cause of this, though.
Thanks @CaseySJ! Just tested it and it worked! Looks like I'm having no luck with the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT which someone told me would work so now I got to find a way to get rid of that :/

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.51.52 PM.png

And heres a screenshot of the PCI tab.

Thanks @CaseySJ! Just tested it and it worked! Looks like I'm having no luck with the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT which someone told me would work so now I got to find a way to get rid of that :/

*** This is your lucky day! ***

Catalina 10.15.1 beta released today:

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 3.47.10 PM.png

WOW!!!! THATS AWESOME! I'll upgrade on the second SSD and see how it goes! Do you have a guide on it? Thanks!
and would I be able to port the kexts to Mojave?

WOW!!!! THATS AWESOME! I'll upgrade on the second SSD and see how it goes! Do you have a guide on it? Thanks!
and would I be able to port the kexts to Mojave?
We should first make a full backup of Mojave and then perform an in-place upgrade through System Preferences --> Software Update.
  • If you're using SMBIOS iMac19,1 your experience should be fairly smooth.
  • If you're using SMBIOS Macmini8,1 your experience can be a little bumpy, but just a little.
An in-place upgrade brings all kexts over to Catalina.

Please see my experience here:

Well, here is a little guide:
Thank you for the guide. I expect to follow it this evening. Your posts are consistently well thought out and well researched. You're even succeeding with OpenCore whereas I'm not! :) It's awesome that you're teaching us all a thing or two!

Back