Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So your moving outside air across the radiator into the case? That's crazy!
Push the heat from the radiator OUT of the case, either out the front or top
Yes, to where the air is coming from and where it is going. Will move it back to the top of the case.
The AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 may map its USB ports differently from the Designare Z390. While I think you will find similarities between them, we cannot assume that the USB SSDT from one motherboard will work on another. I expect that the changes will be minimal, but because the chipset (Z370) is different from the Designare (Z390), the USB XHC controller ID might also be different. Fortunately, the process of creating a new USB SSDT is much simpler now and I recommend this easy and fun guide:
As for the RX 580 SSDT, it should be removed at the first sign of a problem. When updating from Clover 4xxx to Clover 5xxx, we must manually copy all the drivers from drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI. I am also experiencing similar fan behavior -- fans spin up a little bit past 50C. Fortunately I have three 140mm intake fans and three 140mm exhaust fans to keep the air flowing nicely inside the case. That's one way of dealing with this somewhat aggressive fan curve on the AMD GPU. But as long as the fans spin up a little bit past 50C, then no worries.
Would the copy of the drivers be the "Drivers"-64.efi or would they be drivers without the "64" since all of the drivers in drivers64UEFI have the "-64"? I hope that is not to confusing of a question.

Thank you so much again CaseySJ! I have my system for the most part up and running. I was having issues with the WiFi/Bluetooth card/module combo and I then bought the Fenvi card. Right after first install I had my Wifi back.
I have backed up my system via CCC as suggested in your truly awesome notes. I next proceeded to migrate my data from my old Mac Pro over. Everything continued to run.
As I might have stated before, I also purchased one of the suggested PCIe SATA cards. After I tried hooking up an internal SSD with the card. I started having some WiFi issues. Connection was first slow and then it wouldn't connect at all.
From going through the forum I guess another user was having similar type issues and moved the WiFi card from an upper slot to the bottom. I am trying that now and I'm having a bit more success.
Updates to the app store are a bit flakey too. Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. I'm trying to upgrade my Adobe suite so maybe that is having some tug on my connections.
I really appreciate all the help from this forum. I know I am getting closer to my silky smooth Hackintosh. Any thoughts much appreciated.
Hello @YossarianKen44, to troubleshoot the WiFi problem in relation to the add-in PCIe SATA card, please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... then upload the saved file. This should be done with both the WiFi/BT and PCIe SATA cards installed.

Some additional questions and comments:
  • Does the PCIe SATA card function correctly?
  • The only adverse effect you're seeing is slow/intermittent WiFi?
    • When you feel that the WiFi connect is slow, please Option-Click the WiFi icon in the right side of the top menu bar.
    • Just under the name of the SSID, you will see several indented gray lines of text. These lines will reveal a lot of technical information.
    • You will see:
      • RSSI
      • Noise
      • Tx Rate
      • PHY Mode
    • Please report these 4 items.

So your moving outside air across the radiator into the case? That's crazy!
Push the heat from the radiator OUT of the case, either out the front or top
Ok, here is the problem with the way I have it set up, it causes two of the 8tb SATA spinning drives to run a little hot so I guess moving the color to the top might be better. Maybe an alcohol sprayer on the radiator might be helpful like they do with intercoolers? ;)

Would the copy of the drivers be the "Drivers"-64.efi or would they be drivers without the "64" since all of the drivers in drivers64UEFI have the "-64"? I hope that is not to confusing of a question.
Clover installs 64-bit drivers without the -64 suffix. UniBeast and MultiBeast install 64-bit drivers with that suffix. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. :) In other words, it doesn't matter!

Clover 5xxx installs 64-bit drivers without the -64 suffix. UniBeast and MultiBeast install 64-bit drivers with that suffix. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. :) In other words, it doesn't matter!
Ok, thanks for the clarification! So I can simply copy/paste all of those - to drivers/UEFI? Sounds too simple. Will give it a try.

CaseySJ, thanks again for being so responsive. Attached is my IORegistryExplorer report.
The four items under my SSID are as follows.
RSSI: -65 dBm
Noise: -72 dBm
Tx Rate: 195 Mbps
PHY Mode: 802.11n

Attachments

• YossarianKen44_IORegistryReport.zip
    9 MB · Views: 105
CaseySJ, thanks again for being so responsive. Attached is my IORegistryExplorer report.
The four items under my SSID are as follows.
RSSI: -65 dBm
Noise: -72 dBm
Tx Rate: 195 Mbps
PHY Mode: 802.11n
Those numbers are quite good. Do you experience poor real-world WiFi performance with those values? Perhaps the SATA PCIe card is generating RF interference? Might be good to reorient the antennas on the WiFi card -- at least as a first step.

IOReg file wasn't uploaded...

sorry the file is now attached
the one drive connected to the SATA PCIe card are working fine.

Attachments

• YossarianKen44_IORegistryReport.zip
    9 MB · Views: 206
sorry the file is now attached
the one drive connected to the SATA PCIe card are working fine.
The system configuration looks correct:
  • PCIe SATA card is attached to RP03 and shows 4 ports, of which one is connected to a Western Digital 500GB SSD.
  • WiFi card is attached to RP21 and is also configured correctly.
  • Bluetooth is attached to HS11 and also has the correct child/sub-child device tree. And it has the 20703 firmware (which is good).
Because the two cards are configured correctly and functional in macOS, the choppy WiFi behavior you're experiencing might be due to RF interference. The RSSI and Noise values you posted previously are not only normal, but rather good.
  • Are you experiencing poor WiFi behavior right now?
  • Were you experiencing poor WiFi behavior when you reported the RSSI and Noise values?
  • If not, then please check and report the RSSI, Noise, and Tx Rate values while experiencing slow or choppy WiFi performance.

Back