Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi,

I have a question: When I import a lot of photos in Lightroom, I got to see a lot of the spinning beach balls. The import freezes for a few seconds, the CPU usage drops down and then if start again with FAST import.

I also get: com.apple.hiservices-xpc service not responding.

Any idea?

Thanx

Gompy, As a professional photographer, I am a huge LR/PS user with this build (I have 50TB of TB in attached Raids of images) - some of the things I had to do to get LR stable were in Systems Prefs/Security & Privacy/Full Disk Access: I added LR/PS/Premiere/CC MGR, mostly LR (I added the rest for good measure), I also looked specifically at permissions for the cache area. Adobe always seems to kick errors out that are 1-2 steps removed from the real problem. I have not seen the error you posted, in my case I was getting a lot of DynamicLink(server) errors But, since doing the above everything is happy. -- Glad to help you work through this.

Hmm I've just browsed around the new RX 5700 GPU.
I'm getting a 335€ reimbursement for my broken Vega 64, and I can order a brand new one for 350€. What do you think, when will we get support for the RX 5700. But I guess it's no time before Catalina.

Are you implementing your iGPU to drive a monitor or in headless mode?

In my previous implementation (non-headless) I could see the UHD 630 in Geekbench. The problem persist only in headless mode.
Headless Mode

I'm getting a 335€ reimbursement for my broken Vega 64, and I can order a brand new one for 350€. What do you think, when will we get support for the RX 5700. But I guess it's no time before Catalina.
You might get support as early as 10.14.6.

Hello @Stork, Thanks your response.
And would be happy to know that in the next update 10.14.6 we will already have support as NAV.
Did you get tested with the beta version of 10.14.6?

Hello everyone,

What a wonderful guide thank you again @CaseySJ, it's my first hackintosh and it has been a great experience !
Experience that is unfortunately not complete yet, because after hours of searching and trying I could not manage to make the bluetooth and the audio working. I have the exact same build as you, with a radeon VII, and the native BCM943602CS card (wifi works really well). It seems that all USB port works, but when I look through IORegistryExplorer I dont see anything on the port HS12 so my bluetooth is not recognised. For the Audio, I do see all 4 audio, internal, inline, inline and digital but I cant manage to hear any sound out of any port.

I also have some random freeze after clover start bootloading, screen freeze in the middle of the terminal flooding text and only a few restart manage to go through and properly turn on. When the machine is running all seems to work well.

Some help would be trully appreciated !

Hello @Stork, Thanks your response.
And would be happy to know that in the next update 10.14.6 we will already have support as NAV.
Did you get tested with the beta version of 10.14.6?
Please see this thread:

Hello everyone,

What a wonderful guide thank you again @CaseySJ, it's my first hackintosh and it has been a great experience !
Experience that is unfortunately not complete yet, because after hours of searching and trying I could not manage to make the bluetooth and the audio working. I have the exact same build as you, with a radeon VII, and the native BCM943602CS card (wifi works really well). It seems that all USB port works, but when I look through IORegistryExplorer I dont see anything on the port HS12 so my bluetooth is not recognised. For the Audio, I do see all 4 audio, internal, inline, inline and digital but I cant manage to hear any sound out of any port.

I also have some random freeze after clover start bootloading, screen freeze in the middle of the terminal flooding text and only a few restart manage to go through and properly turn on. When the machine is running all seems to work well.

Some help would be trully appreciated !
Hello @Mattioo,

You described several problems:
  • No Bluetooth
    • Have you connected the USB data cable from the WiFi/BT card to the internal F_USB header on motherboard?
    • Please post the IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer.
    • Also post a screenshot of System Information --> Bluetooth.
  • Cannot hear audio from on-board sound ports
    • Please post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from SMBIOS.
    • Are you using LayoutID 7 or 16? Have you tried a headphone on the green audio jack on rear I/O panel?
  • Random freezes
    • Probably best to compress and post the entire CLOVER folder as a start.

Thanks for this quick reply @CaseySJ !

I have connected the cable as shown in the picture.

I don't know the difference between those but I used the 16 I think. I also tried the back panel but no success (I have to stay on the internal speakers right ?)

Hello @Mattioo

I picked up your Cover folder and did a test here because I have the same BT card as yours.
And here it worked perfectly, so I think the problem is not in the clover configuration, but your board may have come with some problem.
It may be that @CaseySJ gets some other way for you to test with it to evaluate, I do not have the knowledge like it.
Luck..

Back