Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The Vega64 entries in PCI page are most likely due to the Vega SSDT available in Post #1. This SSDT is no longer recommended with Mojave 10.14.5 and newer because the SSDT incorporates a custom power play table that is superseded by the updated drivers in 10.14.5.
You know that makes perfect since!! Thank You, that would be exactly when I stopped noticing it in the PCI list, when I removed the Vega SSDT.... Thank You....

Have you tried "shikigva=60" in Boot Arguments?
CaseySJ, I have tried this, I receive the HTML5 not supported in Safari warning, and the not playing just frozen window in iTunes. I tried with and without the boot argument.

Is there really no way to make the onboard WiFi/Bluetooth of the Z390 Designare working? Very sad to leave it unused and having to buy another card...
If you also install Windows on this system, it will use the built-in CNVi WiFi/BT module instead of the Broadcom card:

If you also install Windows on this system, it will use the built-in CNVi WiFi/BT module instead of the Broadcom card:

But you mean only in Windows I can use the built-in one then?

And another question, can I update without problems to BIOS F7?

Construction was abandoned. :)

Reason:
  • A few weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 cleanly and did not install any Broadcom drivers or even the Gigabyte Thunderbolt driver for Windows. Actually, I did not install any driver in Windows. I simply allowed Windows to detect all devices and install all drivers entirely on its own.
  • As a result, Windows initializes and uses the on-board Intel CNVi Wireless-9250 WiFi/BT controller. It works very well as long as we connect the Designare antenna to the two rear panel connectors.
  • And because of the missing Broadcom drivers, Windows simply ignores the Broadcom module.
  • And even though we have disabled the CNVi device with the SSDT, Windows doesn't seem to use it. So it has no effect in Windows, which is exactly what we want.
So in conclusion:
  • There's nothing to construct!

Hello, CaseySJ.
How can I avoid getting stuck by the Broadcom module knobs, if I already have windows installed? I have not installed any Broadcom module driver.

thank you

When unchecking Enable Power Nap, it doesn't really go to sleep. When selecting sleep from Apple Menu, it just woke backup again. Its definitely something to do with the H115i Cooler.

Casey, any ideas?

Casey, any ideas?
Let's confirm whether the H115i is to blame. Just unplug it from the USB header (but not from the Fan header) to check whether sleep works.

Hello, CaseySJ.
How can I avoid getting stuck by the Broadcom module knobs, if I already have windows installed? I have not installed any Broadcom module driver.

thank you
In my own experience, Windows simply ignores the Broadcom module. The Broadcom WiFi and BT devices are listed in Device Manager, but there's an exclamation icon next to each one, which indicates that a driver for those devices is not installed. But Windows does use the Intel CNVi module that comes preinstalled on the motherboard.

Is this the same behavior that you are also seeing?

Let's confirm whether the H115i is to blame. Just unplug it from the USB header (but not from the Fan header) to check whether sleep works.

Yes, sleep works after I unplug it. I believe I stated that in my very first post.

Back