Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Glad to hear it!

Yes, this was one of a handful of modifications.

Yes, simply delete all of those entries under Devices --> Properties and use Hackintool to insert new ones for Platform ID 0x3E980003.

Have you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? You can check this by looking for a file named nvram.plist in the EFI folder of the EFI partition as shown:

View attachment 414841
Doesn't look like it, I don't have that file in my EFI.
Am I good just tossing it in there (I assume into Drivers64UEFI (?)) or do I need to modify the config as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, It's right there on your guide, I'll look it up tomorrow. Cheers

Last edited:
If you have any other NVMe or SATA drives in the system, temporarily remove or disconnect them so that only the Mojave NVMe SSD is installed.

Edit: Also see this post, which is summarized here:
  • When you get to the macOS installer:
    • Press: CTRL-CMD-SHIFT-ALT-H
    • This will allow you to use your mouse.
    • From the Utilities menu, click Terminal.
  • Type:
    • cd Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources
    • ./starttoinstall --volume /Volumes/Mojave
Replace Mojave above with the actual name of your Mojave SSD.
Had a happy 4th and have a full belly, and a nap!

I got farther with the above but it rebooted again and now stops at this:

Couldn't allocate runtime area.

Had a happy 4th and have a full belly, and a nap!

I got farther with the above but it rebooted again and now stops at this:

Couldn't allocate runtime area.
This is most likely due to missing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in driversUefi64 folder and/or slide=0 in Boot Arguments.

Same for me with HWMonitor. But iStat Menus shows the temperature.

I tried istat and even that isn’t showing the GPU? Any suggestions on what i could do, or go about adding the sensors? I’m very cautious to change anything with out guidance as the system other then this seems to be running on

EDIT

I did find the sensor readout in a different menu on istat. Not in the sensor section. So the sensor is working and reporting both GPU Temp and Frequency

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

i just bought the Samsung X5 500g which comes with TB3. So i opened it up, connected it to the TB3 ports on Z390 Designare, but nothing happens.

On System Report sections:
Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded
USB: not showing Samsung X5 SSD
Storage: Only Main boot and another Usb3 External Toshiba

I tried to connect the X5 through usb3 to usbc cable, but pops up a message that this Mac does not support thunderbolt accessories..!! (I used my GoPro's usb cable which could cause some problems i think, but it doesn't even load up the SSD).

On IORegistryExplorer i tried to search for Thunderbolt, but it only shows this (attached photo screenshot_13.50.24.png)

Could anyone help?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 13.50.24.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 13.50.24.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 66
This is most likely due to missing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in driversUefi64 folder and/or slide=0 in Boot Arguments.

I do have those. Screenshot:

Hello everyone,

i just bought the Samsung X5 500g which comes with TB3. So i opened it up, connected it to the TB3 ports on Z390 Designare, but nothing happens.

On System Report sections:
Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded
USB: not showing Samsung X5 SSD
Storage: Only Main boot and another Usb3 External Toshiba

I tried to connect the X5 through usb3 to usbc cable, but pops up a message that this Mac does not support thunderbolt accessories..!! (I used my GoPro's usb cable which could cause some problems i think, but it doesn't even load up the SSD).

On IORegistryExplorer i tried to search for Thunderbolt, but it only shows this (attached photo screenshot_13.50.24.png)

Could anyone help?
This drive works very well on this system:

Please check your Thunderbolt BIOS settings, especially Thunderbolt Security. And check or post screenshot of the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Hi all,

Casey, thanks so much for this guide and all the time and effort you've put in here.

I'm currently waiting for my new graphics card to arrive next week (Sapphire RX 580) and running the Designare on High Sierra with my old ATI Radeon HD 5770 which isn't Mojave compatible. I used the audio drivers from Mojave MultiBeast and audio is working. After much tinkering, I have dual monitors working on my HD5770 (1 DVI and 1 VGA port), although I have black screens during clover boot and had to use ResXtreme to stop the orange/blue flickering.

One thing that is really bugging me is Bluetooth. I have an IOGear GBU521 dongle which has served me well with my hack formerly eight years without a hitch but I cannot get this system to recognize it at all. My MacBook Pro running Mojave has no problems seeing it. I've removed the Intel CNVW card from the board but that didn't seem to help.

My old build which was an ASUS P8P67-M, never had any problems with the Bluetooth dongle - I could even use y magic trackpad in the BIOS! It also had no glitches with the 5770 card (no need for ResXtreme)

If anyone has any suggestions of things I could try for either of these issues (but mainly the Bluetooth), I'd really appreciate it.

Hey guys,
Back to report that I've successfully installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi following CaseySJ steps :D.

Everything appears to be working, with the exception of the USB ports (I didn't patch the ACPI files because I feared that the port mapping would be wrong, they're 2 different motherboards after all).

The ports are working but I believe they are recognised as a single port (?) if that makes sense. When I go to see how many USB buses I have installed there's only a single one:

So now all that's left to do is figure out a way to map my board's USB ports/networking ports, so that I can enable the USB and disable the wireless accordingly. Currently looking at this script that I saw on markoskz's guide. He has the same board so it should be fine, I'll need to test.

Also, does anyone notice a difference in temperatures? I noticed a 10-15 degree leap from windows. Currently sitting at 39° Celsius with safari open with 5 tabs and a terminal. Not sure if I should be concerned...

Cheers

Back