Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey - awesome guide. Everything is working to perfection. I have a RX 590 and using the SSDT patch SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml. The patch of course identifies the card as a RX580. I have changed it to reflect RX590. The modified patch is here - if anyone needs it
Glad to hear it!

Maybe you can update the GPU in your profile from "UHD 630" to "RX590"!

If this is a new installation, please try iMac19,1 instead of iMac18,3.
Hi. It’s not a new installation. I have installed all my apps on it. Can I still go ahead and Change to iMac19,1?

Hi. It’s not a new installation. I have installed all my apps on it. Can I still go ahead and Change to iMac19,1?
No, that would require re-licensing the apps so that should be avoided.
  • Do you have the "SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml" in CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
  • Which Bluetooth card and PCIe adapter are you using?
  • Are you running macOS 10.14.5?
If all else fails, feel free to compress and upload your CLOVER folder and a screenshot of /Library/Extensions.

Worst case scenario: Install macOS 10.14.5 fresh on a spare SSD in a USB 3 enclosure. Do not install any of your apps, but just test sleep with all USB and Bluetooth devices connected.

Last edited:
Where and how to do that?
From the screenshot you posted:

We simply need to change "Zero" to 255 and save the file as ACPI Machine Language Binary using MaciASL. (I assume you opened the SSDT in MaciASL to capture the screenshot.)

From the screenshot you posted:
View attachment 414439

We simply need to change "Zero" to 255 and save the file as ACPI Machine Language Binary using MaciASL. (I assume you opened the SSDT in MaciASL to capture the screenshot.)
ok, so make it 255 or 0xFF and than save it as ACPI, let me give it a shot.

UPDATE: This didn't work, the computer tried to goto sleep mode and the H115i pump just kicked right back on and woke it up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.26.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.26.22 AM.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Not sure about the Windows interrupt latency issue, but does it help to switch BIOS to “Windows 8/10 WHQL”?

Regarding sleep in MacOS, USB external drives will not be ejected during sleep. This happens on real Macs as well. But we can use a utility called Jettison as described in the section “External USB disks not ejected during sleep”.

I don't just get the warning about my Seagate external disk, I also have trouble with my elicenser USB dongle once in a while, and my USB audio device. Especially after being asleep for a longer period. My disk always work without intervention, but for my elicenser and interface I have to replug sometimes.

About your Windows suggestion:

The "Windows 8 WHQL" Setting is only for Systemintegrators to run a full Microsoft WHQL test.
Please don´t use this for normal operation.

Leaves the question, what is full WHQL test?

I made an error in my previous reply. The 2018 iPad Pro ships with a USB-C to USB-C charging cable (not a USB-C to USB-A cable).

The iPad Pro 11 will connect to the Thunderbolt 3 port in one of three ways:
  • If we enable HS08 and HS13 in the USB SSDT and use the cable that comes in the box. HS08 and HS13 provide USB 2 support on the two Thunderbolt 3 ports. Both of these ports are currently disabled in order to avoid exceeding the 15-port maximum limit.
  • If we use a USB-C-to-USB-C cable that supports USB 3.1. Not all USB-C-to-USB-C cables support USB 3.x so we need to read the product description carefully before buying. No changes to USB SSDT are needed.
  • If we use a Thunderbolt 3 data cable. This also uses USB-C connectors on both ends and supports USB 3.x internally. No changes to USB SSDT are needed.
Hi,

I just connected my iPad Pro 11 with a TB3 cable successfully.
I entered the DFU mode and tried to connect again, with no luck :(
Mac won't recognize my iPad in DFU mode. After rebooting my iPad, in showed up again in iTunes.

Any ideas why this isn't working ?

ok, so make it 255 or 0xFF and than save it as ACPI, let me give it a shot.

UPDATE: This didn't work, the computer tried to goto sleep mode and the H115i pump just kicked right back on and woke it up.
It would be good to double-check the change made to the SSDT and to check that only 1 USB SSDT is in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

It would also be good to run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to XHC on the left side panel to make sure that H115i is connected to HS11.

And yet another diagnostic step is to run this Terminal command immediately after wake from sleep:
  • pmset -g log | tail -100 > ~/Documents/WakeProblem.txt
This will generate a file called WakeProblem.txt in the Documents folder. Please upload that file.

And lastly...

If the USB connection is not strictly necessary -- if it is only used to monitor and manually control pump speed -- then there are two options:
  1. Remove device HS11 from the USB SSDT. As a result, the pump will not appear in macOS and will therefore not interfere with sleep. But it will continue to work under Windows.
  2. Disconnect H115i from the F_USB header.
I believe others are using the Corsair H115i successfully with this build -- no interference with sleep. So it would be good to search this site and the web in general for other users' experiences.

Back