Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Awesome! I can't believed how quick you turned that around. If I can get headless mode back online, all will be good. Completely awesome,! I appreciate your constant effort with all of this.
Here are some updates regarding H.264:
  • If we use headless Platform ID (0x3E910003, 0x3E920003, 0x3E980003) with SMBIOS "Macmini8,1" the VDA Decoder becomes unavailable. We can confirm this by running either VideoProc or Hackintool.
  • If we switch to non-headless Platform ID 0x3E9B0007 then VDA Decoder functions correctly. However, iMovie and Final Cut Pro will crash.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 2.16.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 2.17.13 PM.png
  • Therefore we cannot use SMBIOS Macmini8,1 if we want to enable VDA Decoder.
  • Some folks have stated that SMBIOS iMac18,3 may be okay in headless mode.
  • Later today I'll test the following SMBIOS's:
    • iMac18,3
    • iMacPro1,1
    • iMac19,1

Awesome! I can't believed how quick you turned that around. If I can get headless mode back online, all will be good. Completely awesome,! I appreciate your constant effort with all of this.
After a fair bit of tinkering, SMBIOS iMac19,1 works perfectly as confirmed by Hackintool (VDA Decoder) and VideoProc with Platform ID 0x3E980003 and Device ID 0x3E98.

If you're on Macmini8,1, it may be necessary to contemplate the change to iMac19,1. This means deauthorizing existing software licenses (as much as possible), signing out of iCloud, then changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 (which provides new serial numbers), and copying the new Board Serial Number from SMBIOS and pasting it into MLB in RtVariables.

After a reboot, software and plug-ins may need to be relicensed.

Before doing this, make a full bootable backup of the existing system. The procedure is now in the main guide, just under Going the Extra Mile.

After a fair bit of tinkering, SMBIOS iMac19,1 works perfectly as confirmed by Hackintool (VDA Decoder) and VideoProc with Platform ID 0x3E980003 and Device ID 0x3E98.

If you're on Macmini8,1, it may be necessary to contemplate the change to iMac19,1. This means deauthorizing existing software licenses (as much as possible), signing out of iCloud, then changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 (which provides new serial numbers), and copying the new Board Serial Number from SMBIOS and pasting it into MLB in RtVariables.

After a reboot, software and plug-ins may need to be relicensed.

Before doing this, make a full bootable backup of the existing system. The procedure is now in the main guide, just under Going the Extra Mile.
Thanks, a project to try this week as time permits. Will update you as that effort progresses.

Awesome! The 1TB and higher capacity models are considerably faster than mine.
Couldn’t resist the price. I’m using it for temporary image files and will see about longevity. Then maybe get another for the OS drive.

From IOReg we can see:
  • There is a USB 2.0 Hub under HS11
  • There is a USB 2.0 Hub under HS12
  • Corsair H115i Platinum is connected to HS11
  • NZXT is connected to HS12
View attachment 409309

But this is not the ideal way to connect these devices. Both the Corsair and NZXT are internal fixed devices that the user will not hot-swap. So both of them should be connected to the same USB header (HS11 or HS12, but not both).

So first do this:
  • Connect both Corsair and NZXT devices to the same blue PCB (i.e. to the same 2-way splitter). Move the NZXT cable next to the Corsair cable so that both devices are on HS11.
  • If your PC case has front panel USB 2 ports, connect that cable to the other 2-way splitter. These external USB ports will then be on HS12.
This allows:
  • Internal USB devices to be defined as Connector Type 255 in the USB SSDT.
  • External or ejectable USB devices to be defined as Connector Type 0 in the USB SSDT.
Then use the attached SSDTs as follows:
  • Mount EFI partition of your Mojave SSD
  • Move out or delete the current SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
  • Copy the new SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7A.aml in its place
  • Copy SSDT-EC.aml to the same folder
  • Reboot

Again, huge thanks.
Attached is a screenshot.

One thing i'm thinking about is the H115i and how to monitor it in macOS.
I did find this---->https://github.com/jonasmalacofilho/liquidctl#supported-devices
In your opinion:
Is it worth taking these extra steps to monitor the cooler and lighting?
Or just let the cooler do its thing if we're not considering any overclocking?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 11.15.04.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 11.15.04.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 99
Again huge thanks
attached is a screenshot

one thing i'm thinking about is the H115i and how to monitor it in OSx.
I did find this---->https://github.com/jonasmalacofilho/liquidctl#supported-devices
In your opinion:
Is it worth taking these extra steps to monitor the cooler and lighting?
Or just let the cooler do its thing if we're not considering any overclocking?
Regarding liquidctl, please see “Convenient Things” in @byteminer’s Oscar winning post: :)
Additional details are available in the build guide under “Contributed Files and Tips”.

Last edited:
Back