Captura de pantalla 2019-05-30 a las 7.13.07.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-30 a las 7.08.36.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-30 a las 7.08.36.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-05-30 a las 7.19.35.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-05-30 a las 7.19.35.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 99
@CaseySJ Hello! I have a new problem again.

The headphone jack on the front panel of my mainframe has no sound. The audio interface on the rear panel of the main unit has sound.

Is this normal?

See post 4531 above. You can also use Google.

Does the cable work with other USB-C devices connected to HS10?
Does the cable work on your real Mac?
I can't test this. I don't have other USB-C devices or a real Mac

Hey guys, i build a new hackintosh using the same specs as @CaseySJ , the only difference is that i used a MSI Vega 56 Airboost, anyways, everything seems to work fine, even at high loads, except for my UAD Apollo Twin MkII. Can you guide me into this to work? I did a separate install of windows and installed thunderbolt drivers but it doesn't recognize it neither. @xanderevo seems to have the same interface as mine, i used a usb c cable for the interface, is it because is Thunderbolt 1? in that case, what kind of adapter i should buy? or what do i need to modify in order to have this working? the bios version is F5.

Hey @CaseySJ Huge thanks to your comprehensive and detailed instruction. This guide has become like a bible for Z390 Designare users.

Unfortunately, I’ve been experiencing very frequent freezing and crashing since 10.14.4. After updating to 10.14.5, it has become even more frequent. I thought the update would fix the issue related to Vega GPU but it didn’t. I’m using i9-9900k with Vega Frontier Edition.

Screen freezes under heavy graphics load but sound still plays. Sometimes it goes black screen and fan spins at full speed. It was mostly black screen in 10.14.4 but it’s freezing most of times in 10.14.5.

I’m reinstalling with a numerous combinations(iGPU disabled, enabled, SMBIOS options, boot arguments, etc) of options you suggested in the guide but the problem is still ongoing. I’m testing on a fresh installed vanilla state.

Any ideas? Please let me know if you need any information to identify the problem. Thank you again.

@CaseySJ Hello! I have a new problem again.

The headphone jack on the front panel of my mainframe has no sound. The audio interface on the rear panel of the main unit has sound.

Is this normal?
Same for me
Layout ID determines which ports are active. We initially used 7 and later switched to 16. For the ALC-1220, a handful of layout IDs are available. If you refer to the AppleALC download page (just google for “AppleALC download”) you can then search for “1220” to reveal the possibilities.

But note that front panel audio quality can be very poor. It is better to use the rear ports with a longer cable or purchase a USB audio adapter such as this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Back