Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi,
sorry, but after creating the USB install disk, modifying the BIOS, I realize I'm a little confused:
during the installation do I have to connect the monitor to the motherboard or the graphics card?
Which connections can be used among those available on the graphics card (Radeon RX 580: 2 DP, 2HDMI, 1 DVI)?
After post installation phase are there any limitations regarding the number of usable monitors and their resolution?
Thanks in advance
The monitor should be kept connected to the AMD GPU. My preference is DisplayPort, then HDMI, and lastly DVI. Because platform ID 0x3E980003 is headless, it means you cannot connect monitor to any motherboard video ports, but there’s no limit to the AMD GPU. You may connect multiple monitors to it.

By the way, headless platform ID allows iMovie and Final Cut Pro to run. Otherwise they will crash.

Hi Casey,
Well, I did a new installation with 10.14.4 and all worked. But, now, after final booting, I get this message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

and I cant boot into Mojave.

It seems something to be wrong with the RX 580? I use one of the HDMI ports of the 580 to drive my 50 4K LG TV at 60Hz. (just 11ms latency :) )

if i plug of the rx580 then thiis error message dont appear - it just go further and end in black screen... on 4K TV and on a normal Monitor.

Last edited:
Hi Casey,
Well, I did a new installation with 10.14.4 and all worked. But, now, after final booting, I get this message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

and I cant boot into Mojave.

It seems something to be wrong with the RX 580? I use one of the HDMI ports of the 580 to drive my 50 4K LG TV at 60Hz. (just 11ms latency :) )

if i plug of the rx580 then thiis error message dont appear - it just go further and end in black screen... on 4K TV and on a normal Monitor.
This sounds like an RX580 black screen problem. If so, please try steps below on config.plist in EFI partition of Mojave SSD. You may need to boot from USB install disk in order to login to Mojave.

Clover Configurator —> Graphics —> Inject ATI —> check on
Clover Configurator —> Graphics —> Framebuffer —> Orinoco
Clover Configurator —> Graphics —> Radeon DeInit —> check on

Save config.plist, reboot.

Casey, thank you so much for your guide!! My Designare Z390 + 9900k + RX 580 build works perfectly!

Some questions/suggestions:
  • Do you have an Nvidia graphics card in the system?
  • Is IGFX disabled in BIOS?
  • Is the latest BIOS still installed? Under some circumstances, BIOS can revert to an older version.
  • Try shutting down the system and removing power cable for 10 seconds. Then reattach and reboot. Does it still fail?
  • Does the system boot from USB install disk? (Press F12 at BIOS Splash screen and choose the USB, then choose "Boot MacOS Mojave" from Clover Boot Menu.)
  • How did you copy the new CLOVER folder to EFI partition of the Mojave SSD?
    • Did you boot from USB install disk?
    • Did you remove the Broadcom WiFi card first?
And finally, just to double-check:
  • The system boots up fine if the Broadcom card is physically removed?
  • Do you have the ability to install this Broadcom card into another Hackintosh?

No Nvidia Card just the Vega 64.
IGFX is disabled.
Yeah its the latest Bios F5.
removing power cable dosn't help.
With the USB Stick i got the same when the Airport card loads it hangs at start up.
Without the wifi card is working fine.
i copied the new clover folder again, boot from USB and without the card and copy. Then i tried bootup without the card and it works.Then with wifi card and it hangs.
Sadly i can't try the card somewhere else.

i tried the last PCIE Slot (PCIEX4) the longer one and boom everything works boot up, wifi and airdrop too.

Just for sharing.
Caldigit TH3 Dock works fine. Also a Lacie 6Big on TH3. My Qnap TVS 871XT Nas got good speeds on 10G Network.
And Final Cut X is working good so far.

Attachments

• Cinebench.png
    Cinebench.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Heaven.png
    Heaven.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • Lacie6Big.png
    Lacie6Big.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Qnap_Nas_10G.png
    Qnap_Nas_10G.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 81
Casey, thank you so much for your guide!! My Designare Z390 + 9900k + RX 580 build works perfectly!
Awesome — glad to hear it! Which RX580 are you using? No black screen issue with it?

i tried the last PCIE Slot (PCIEX4) the longer one and boom everything works boot up, wifi and airdrop too.
Glad to hear it! So this card didn’t work in a x1 slot even with the NO-CNVW SSDT... Which WiFi card and PCIe adapter are you using?

Glad to hear it! So this card didn’t work in a x1 slot even with the NO-CNVW SSDT... Which WiFi card and PCIe adapter are you using?

It is a ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS

Attachments

• C6CF53D0-7D5B-4E14-92DC-AE3E431729DC.jpeg
    C6CF53D0-7D5B-4E14-92DC-AE3E431729DC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 138
Back