Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I plan to update the install procedure for 10.14.4 soon. Clover Configurator and MultiBeast were just updated, and I am running some tests now. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll post an update.

Meanwhile you're welcome to use UniBeast 9.1.0 then manually update Clover before continuing with the rest of the build procedure.

We've been discussing the new system definitions in another thread. From what I've gathered, making proper use of the new sysdefs requires the current special build of 10.14.4 that's exclusive to the new iMacs. It's not a big deal to install (you just need to reinstall from recovery after making the sysdef change), but maybe not worth the hassle just yet when that whole process may be unnecessary upon 10.14.5's release.

We've been discussing the new system definitions in another thread. From what I've gathered, making proper use of the new sysdefs requires the current special build of 10.14.4 that's exclusive to the new iMacs. It's not a big deal to install (you just need to reinstall from recovery after making the sysdef change), but maybe not worth the hassle just yet when that whole process may be unnecessary upon 10.14.5's release.
Ah, but I didn't mention switching to new sysdefs! :)

The build guide in Post 1 only discusses 10.14.2 and 10.14.3. I could update the guide for 10.14.4 while keeping sysdef as-is (Macmini8,1), but with the following changes:
  • Use of UniBeast 9.1.0 (instead of 9.0.0)
  • Use of MultiBeast 11.1.0 (instead of 11.0.1)
  • Update to latest Clover
  • Possible need to avoid latest IntelMausiEthernet 2.5.x (we may need to remain on 2.4.x)
I agree it may be better to wait for 10.14.5 before changing sysdef to iMac19,1.

Last edited:
Either slot will work. If you're using any of the 6 internal SATA ports, be aware of the restrictions specified on Page 29 of the owner's manual, "Installation Notices for the M.2 and SATA Connectors".

Thanks I just seen that...

Just got done with my first build... Can someone please tell me if the following benchmarks are good?? I would think I would be better

Attachments

• 040419- M2 - Overclocked.png
    040419- M2 - Overclocked.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8825.JPG
    IMG_8825.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
You can always boot from the USB install disk by pressing F12 at the BIOS splash screen. This will load all files from the EFI partition on the USB disk instead of the EFI partition on the Mojave SSD.

That what.. Boot from USB then pick the drive that I was working on then mount the EFI folder and put the old files back?

Also I think I am having a video issue??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.13.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.13.27 PM.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 173
I would recommend downloading Clover from here and installing it on your USB install disk as follows:
  • Download Clover on the Mac
  • Insert USB install disk
  • Run the Clover installer
  • Make sure to select the USB disk as the target volume
  • Quit the Clover installer
  • Double check config.plist against the settings prescribed in the section config.plist Modification. Also check your drivers64UEFI folder to make sure:
    • AptioMemoryFix-64 is deleted
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is present
  • Ensure that the following are present in the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
    • FakeSMC
    • Lilu
    • WhateverGreen
    • IntelMausiEthernet

Updating Clover did the trick. Fully installed. RX 570 working. Will test more in depth over the weekend.

Thanks for all your help Casey!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.49.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.49.34 AM.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Some comments:
  • You've connected DM to Data Positive (pin 5). But the seller's diagram shows that DM should connect to Data Negative (pin 3).
  • Likewise, you've connected DP to Data Negative (pin3), but it should be connected to Data Positive (pin 5).
  • You've connected the third pin to GND (pin 8), but I believe you should connect it to NC (pin 10).
I have modified the correspondence of the pins. Bluetooth is fully functional!

Also, please change my SMBIOS to iMAC19,1. A forbidden symbol has appeared. The -v mode appears as shown in the figure.

I have updated Clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4918. Is it still not possible to change to iMAC19,1?Still need to update other drivers?

Hello CaseySJ,
I finally found the time to start my hackintosh and i have a question:
i installed the Fenvi FV-T919 in the 3rd PCIe slot as recommended. But i have to plug the cable to the F_USB, which is already occupied by the Front Panel USB cable. What i am supposed to do? Sorry to ask such question, i am really a noob with computer.
Actually, do i need to have the Fenvi FV-T919 installed and running in order to complete the installation?

Thanks you!

Last edited:
do i need to have the Fenvi FV-T919 installed and running in order to complete the installation?
Not needed. Use the Ethernet connection instead. Install the Fenvi after the installation and iCloud/iMessage setup.

Back