Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello! @CaseySJ I have a new problem. I hope you can help me.

I purchased the wireless network card BCM94360CS2 and Adapter Card. Then I boot wifi can be used normally. But my Bluetooth is not showing up. I looked for a blue device in the device tree and it showed no information found. What is the reason for this?

Hello! @CaseySJ I have a new problem. I hope you can help me.

I purchased the wireless network card BCM94360CS2 and Adapter Card. Then I boot wifi can be used normally. But my Bluetooth is not showing up. I looked for a blue device in the device tree and it showed no information found. What is the reason for this?
Several possible issues:
  • Have you installed SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml?
  • Have you connected the Bluetooth USB cable to motherboard internal USB header?
  • Have you switched to latest V5 of the USB SSDT that enables both of the onboard USB 2 header ports?
If yes to all three then please upload IORegistryExplorer dump file by selecting File —> Save As...

Will do! Thanks for letting me know what to look for.
The output you see in those 2 photos is the bottom end of a long “core dump back trace” that helps to identify the source of the kernel panic and the overall state of the system. But we need to look at the top end of this core dump to see the sequence of events that happened just before the system crashed. So after capturing a video, scrub back a few frames and post them all. It would be better to resize the images in a photo editor so they’re not huge files.

Several possible issues:
  • Have you installed SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml?
  • Have you connected the Bluetooth USB cable to motherboard internal USB header?
  • Have you switched to latest V5 of the USB SSDT that enables both of the onboard USB 2 header ports?
If yes to all three then please upload IORegistryExplorer dump file by selecting File —> Save As...
I think the problem should be that I am not connected to the USB port.
But this motherboard seems to have only one USB port? This port was plugged into the USB interface on the front of the chassis. If I want to plug in this Adapter Card. Does it mean that the USB interface in front of the chassis can't be used...

The output you see in those 2 photos is the bottom end of a long “core dump back trace” that helps to identify the source of the kernel panic and the overall state of the system. But we need to look at the top end of this core dump to see the sequence of events that happened just before the system crashed. So after capturing a video, scrub back a few frames and post them all. It would be better to resize the images in a photo editor so they’re not huge files.
In addition, my device card gave me a three-pin connector. Can you plug it into another place on the motherboard?

I think the problem should be that I am not connected to the USB port.
But this motherboard seems to have only one USB port? This port was plugged into the USB interface on the front of the chassis. If I want to plug in this Adapter Card. Does it mean that the USB interface in front of the chassis can't be used...
.View attachment 397035
That 9-pin port supports 2 independent USB 2.0 connections. I use this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q8685Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
There is also a 4-port version that works perfectly:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078ZSS5NH/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

In addition, my device card gave me a three-pin connector. Can you plug it into another place on the motherboard?
It should be a 4-pin connector but maybe only 3 pins are used? Anyway, please see my previous reply.

Edit: Correction — we cannot use the 3-pin connector, only the 9-pin.

Partial Success! I managed to get Mojave installed and finished everything up to:

"Spoiler: Final Steps in Post-Installation" - COMPLETE
"Using the UHD 630 to Drive HDMI and DP Monitors." - COMPLETE (I used latest Hackintool)

Upon my first reboot since post-installation with Multibeast I'm now stuck with a black screen after selecting "Boot macOS from Mojave".

*** If theres a way to scroll up to see more of the screen too please let me know.

When I select "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" I get actual Error messages. *See 3rd photo attached.

Update - After resseting Bios to the settings suggested in this guide I'm now getting "Error Alolocating () Pages at () alloc type 2" *See 4th photo

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
@fluxgold, I just received this adaptor and working fantastic (plug and play), you will have to buy your own BCM94360CS2 or other applicable card though, but you can find those used for cheap https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS2-WiFi-Bluetooth-4-0-Card-to-PCI-E-x1-Adapter-for-PC-Hackintosh/162732101176?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I didnt say the CS2 chip does not work. The abwb adapter does the issue. You use another one. Anyway the CS2 version is the laptop version, the CD Version is the Desktop one and has a higher range. The CS2 has 3 Antennas the CD Version 4 with one only for bluetooth

I noticed that sometimes (not always) after a longer period of sleep when I wake the system up I get a black screen only. The machine looks like it reacts correctly to my wake-up keypress, but the screen stays black and the system doesn’t come back.

darkwave is set to 8.
SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1
No headless iGPU configuration
iGPU disabled in BIOS
Vega 64

Back