Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

P1LGRIM said:
Either someone has made a mistake or you are the victim of a fraud.

I like the idea that it was defective more. At least like that I might've gotten a quick fix to all my graphics issues. I'll send them back and write Mr. Bezos a very angry email

Last edited:
You're right -- the "SATA@17" node in IOReg is empty. All of your SATA drives should appear as child nodes under this.

Your config.plist looks okay, but I changed the order of ACPI patches by moving "Change SAT0 to SATA" to the first row. Not sure if that will fix the problem, but it's the only difference I could spot.

View attachment 391449

Edit: Please upload your CLOVER folder if the new config.plist fails to make a difference.

CaseySJ, thank you for taking the time. The modified config.plist didn't change my issue. I have attached my Clover folder with the original plist. Thanks again.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
CaseySJ, thank you for taking the time. The modified config.plist didn't change my issue. I have attached my Clover folder with the original plist. Thanks again.
Some of the sata ports won't work if you are using both NVME slots; check the Designare manual.

Some of the sata ports won't work if you are using both NVME slots; check the Designare manual.
Because the SATA drives show up in BIOS and in Windows, I did not ask @hidhoman to identify the SATA ports that are being used. But you are quite right -- with both NVMe slots occupied by PCIe drives, only SATA1, SATA2, and SATA3 will be usable. SATA0, SATA4, and SATA5 cannot be used.

Realizing the confusion caused by the original version, I rewrote parts of that section a couple of hours ago. Please have another look and if it’s still problematic, just post your config.plist and I’ll update it for you.

Sorry, still can't find a reference to <key>Properties</key>. Would appreciate it if you could look at my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 144
in windows I have 3 out of 6 usable sata ports, would that be different under macOS?
You can still use 3 ports, but only the ports labeled SATA1, SATA2, and SATA3 on the motherboard.

I just checked that's exactly how I'm setup. I remember not having one available for a DVD drive
The only thing I can think of now is whether your FireWire card is causing any conflict.

Edit: The three highlighted SATA ports are the only ones available when both NVMe slots are occupied by NVMe PCIe SSDs.

Last edited:
Hey Casey, I hate to keep posting about this but I am still having a problem with Bluetooth not working correctly. I have phone calls coming in on my computer, but Handoff and Airdrop still won't work. I have tried a new card (I started with your suggested hardware), but the computer won't even start with it installed. Photo of alternate card attached.
I appreciate all the time and help you have provided myself and everyone else.

Attachments

• IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 79
Back