Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just tried to quick-look a few files - I can quick-look .mp4 and .png no problem, but .jpg fails to load. This was working previously, so I suspect I've since modified my iGPU definition in Clover/Devices/Properties erroneously. Is this an issue with incorrectly configured headless iGPU? I see in the build guide, you state to use the following settings:
  • SMBIOS: Use either iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1.
  • Devices: IntelGFX = 0x0
  • Devices: Devices* = PCIRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
    Properties:
    • Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data
    • Key = AAPL,ig-platform-id | Value = 0300923E | Type = Data (you may also try 0300913E)
    • Key = device-id | Value = 9B3E0000 | Type = Data
  • Graphics: FB Name = Orinoco (only for RX580)
  • Graphics: ig-platform-id = <make sure this is empty>
  • Graphics: Inject Intel = false
  • Graphics: Inject ATI = false
Here's a screenshot of my config - looks to be correct. I'm using SMBIOS iMac18,3 and I've also tried 0300923E for my ig-platform-id. Any ideas? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

View attachment 391309

And here's the xml version:

XML:
<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PCIRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AwCRPg==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                mz4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

Another question - I've configured my SMBIOS and Rt Variables sections with valid non-existent serials. Am I safe to log in to the App Store and download my purchased software? Or is there something else I should do beforehand?

For the life of me I can't get this working. Intel Power Gadget shows only blue graphs, not the green graph from kenntkim's screenshot (which I understand represents the iGPU). Per chance could you take a look at my CLOVER directory - continuously very much obliged.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
  • I have 2 DIMMs, each 16gb, they are both showing but with incorrect value.
  • both of them are Ballistix sport, on the DIMMs themselves there are also stickers with the correct model and memory values.
  • Swapped them around, still the same.
  • I didn't know but apparently you can just change the frequency in the BIOS menu, I tried to do that before but didn't understand how.
  • bonus point- I also tried only one DIMM and it also said 8gb instead of 16.
Edit - could the DIMMs simply be defective?
The behavior you're seeing is quite abnormal. With XMP Profile 1, your memory's full rated speed should be recognized immediately. You should never have to set memory clock speed manually. And the fact that each module is reporting half of its capacity is of course the very definition of "wrong". So my suggestion would be to return the memory and buy a different make/model.

Tried again to implement the HDMI fix from the spoiler... first I followed all the post installation procedure again, made sure everything was set up exactly like the guide (I even noticed that in the 10.14 os version of MultiBeast the WhateverGreen option is in a different place, and until now I didn't really use it. I thought this will be the answer, but it wasn't) got stuck at the same point. I reverted back to the state of the clover folder I uploaded. There must be something I'm missing somewhere but I really can't find it.... Also my Clover bootloader keeps changing it's appearance (and possibly it's version) when I switch these settings. I don't know why or how or if it's normal or even relevant, thought I should mention it... Thanks again!
To enable HDMI on the UHD 630, please try the attached config.plist. WhateverGreen must be present in /Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 222
For the life of me I can't get this working. Intel Power Gadget shows only blue graphs, not the green graph from kenntkim's screenshot (which I understand represents the iGPU). Per chance could you take a look at my CLOVER directory - continuously very much obliged.
Have you tried installing NoVPAJpeg?

@CaseySJ I can confirm that the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock is also working without problems, no driver needed. Just in case you want to put it on the list. If connected to this dock then the MOTU 8A Thunderbolt 1 audio interface works, too (but I guess that’s the case with all Thunderbolt 1 devices connected to a Thunderbolt 2 or 3 dock)

@CaseySJ I can confirm that the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock is also working without problems, no driver needed. Just in case you want to put it on the list. If connected to this dock then the MOTU 8A Thunderbolt 1 audio interface works, too (but I guess that’s the case with all Thunderbolt 1 devices connected to a Thunderbolt 2 or 3 dock)
Thank you for letting me know! Will add this to the Guide momentarily. Good to know that Thunderbolt 1 devices will work on this motherboard through a Thunderbolt 2 or 3 Dock!

The on-board WiFi and Bluetooth do not work under MacOS. A separate Broadcom WiFi/BT card with a PCIe x1 adapter are required. Please see Components section of the guide for exact parts.
Hi thank you, I checked the components section and seem to be struggling to find an optipn
That I can buy from the uk. When I click on the links it shows me soemthing different

@CaseySJ whoops, forgot to quote your post.

I have - makes no difference. I was also wondering if the NoVPAJpeg kext is more like putting a bandage on the problem, rather than fixing why my iGPU actually doesn't seem to be working?

Here's the output of the VDADecoderCheck tool:

Hi thank you, I checked the components section and seem to be struggling to find an optipn
That I can buy from the uk. When I click on the links it shows me soemthing different

I bought this unit from China: Fenvi FV-T919. I suspect you might not find what you're looking for in the UK

@CaseySJ whoops, forgot to quote your post.

I have - makes no difference. I was also wondering if the NoVPAJpeg kext is more like putting a bandage on the problem, rather than fixing why my iGPU actually doesn't seem to be working?

Here's the output of the VDADecoderCheck tool:

View attachment 391530
What does your /Library/Extensions folder look like? You currently have all kexts installed in CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plist has Inject set to Detect. This means:
  • If FakeSMC (yes just this one item) is installed in /Library/Extensions, then none of the kexts from CLOVER will be injected.
  • So ensure that Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, SmallTreeIntel82576, etc. are all installed in /Library/Extensions as well (and run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache).

I bought this unit from China: Fenvi FV-T919. I suspect you might not find what you're looking for in the UK
Have you had any of the following problems:
  • Installing in x1 slot?
  • Delays or sync issues when streaming audio to a Bluetooth speaker?

Back