Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ do you thing is now safe to apply the changes you mentioned this weekend? I mean move kexts from clover to L/E.
Also I'm curious to implement the custom SSDT you posted for Vega 64, but I'm hesitant because you mentioned slot 1, that is where I think where my card is, but according the file I created with DarwinDumper my card is on adress 03:00.0. Even that there are other amd devices also there on that file. So I'm totally confused here about this.
Yes it's safe to install all kexts to /L/E and change "Inject Kexts" to Detect.

To better customize the Vega SSDT for your motherboard, just upload your latest IOReg dump.

.... just upload your latest IOReg dump.

Thank you so much! I'm sorry about my total ignorance here, but how do I do that? You want a printscreen of my ioRegistry? If yes which part?

Thank you so much! I'm sorry about my total ignorance here, but how do I do that? You want a printscreen of my ioRegistry? If yes which part?
Very easy -- just run IORegistryExplorer and click File --> Save As...

Here you have... Thank you!
The Vega 64 SSDT in post 1663 should be attempted. This file was adapted from KGP's X299 repository on Github and there's something a bit unusual in that file so please try it and see if it works.

SSDT-DTPG.aml is also required for this, but it should already be in your ACPI/patched folder.

The Vega 64 SSDT in post 1663 should be attempted. This file was adapted from KGP's X299 repository on Github and there's something a bit unusual in that file so please try it and see if it works.

SSDT-DTPG.aml is also required for this, but it should already be in your ACPI/patched folder.

As per your recommendation, I have deleted SSDT-DTPG because I have now SSDT-COSMETIC installed. Should I keep them like this and install SSDT from post 1663 (sorry just to clarify)

Edit:

My system actually is identifying correctly the AMD Vega 64, so actually I think I don't need that SSDT file. Sorry for bothering you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 17.44.07 copy.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 17.44.07 copy.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
CaseySJ, Thank you for the wonderful guide.
I moved all Kext to L / E.
Looking at the loaded function extension,
FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext do not seem to be loaded.
Perhaps these two Kext's may not be necessary.

Hey @CaseySJ what's the difference with the Vega64 SSDT?

Back