Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I can try that. But, if i move out SSDTs out of Clover, I will have problems then with my USB and Thunderbolt ports right?

Is it easy to revert things without mess?
It won't work without Windows!

It won't work without Windows!

When you mean without Windows is just boot in Windows and then boot again in Mac right? I'm still curious if I'm able to do it either with or without Windows

@xanderevo Is this the 2 files I should remove from preferences? (I will copy them first if I want to revert back)
Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 15.55.55.png

Last edited:
When you mean without windows is just boot in windows and then boot again in mac right? I'm still curious if I'm able to do it either with or without windows
I have already tried this without Windows. The CNVi Bluetooth will appear in Mojave, but the cursor will spin forever and you will not be able to pair or connect to any devices. The Bluetooth device will have an invalid address of 00-00-00-00-00-00.

But if you have Windows, just boot into Windows and let Windows auto-detect and configure the CNVi card. Then reboot into Mojave. You will have to remove the USB SSDT only from ACPI/patched folder.

All these changes can be easily un-done so you are welcome to try the experiment.

Is this the 2 files I should remove form preferences? (I will copy them first if I want to revert back)
I think so.

Im following you guys down the Framebuffer rabbit hole now..
Any idea why Hackintool is not recognizing my IntelGen?
You should be using Platform ID 0x3E920003 (headless) or 0x3E9B0007.
Your "device-id" should be spoofed to 0x3E9B.

The Devices --> Properties section of your config.plist may need to be fixed.

I have already tried this without Windows. The CNVi Bluetooth will appear in Mojave, but the cursor will spin forever and you will not be able to pair or connect to any devices. The Bluetooth device will have an invalid address of 00-00-00-00-00-00.

But if you have Windows, just boot into Windows and let Windows auto-detect and configure the CNVi card. Then reboot into Mojave. You will have to remove the USB SSDT only from ACPI/patched folder.

All these changes can be easily un-done so you are welcome to try the experiment.

I think so.

OK. Removed Bluetooth prefs and SSDT's from clover, and, after a reboot on Windows and back to Mac, I was able to replicate @xanderevo Bluetooth. But I was only able to pair my mouse. I was not able to pair keyboard or a Bluetooth headset which I have. Also 'Turn Bluetooth Off' is grayed off. So quite unstable at the moment. But is a start. hope someone can make it work properly in the future.

Wonder if we can make the same with wi-fi settings

I will revert now to previous settings

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 16.14.12.png

OK. Removed Bluetooth prefs and SSDT's from clover, and, after a reboot on Windows and back to Mac, I was able to replicate @xanderevo Bluetooth. But I was only able to pair my mouse. I was not able to pair keyboard or a Bluetooth headset which I have. Also 'Turn Bluetooth Off' is grayed off. So quite unstable at the moment. But is a start. hope someone can make it work properly in the future.

Wonder if we can make the same with wi-fi settings

I will revert now to previous settings

View attachment 384398
Did the Bluetooth mouse work in Mojave?

Did you get a valid (non-zero) address for Bluetooth in System Information?

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.15.04 AM.png

That is exactly how it works indeed. Bluetooth from CNVi was working perfectly right before post-installation. After adding SSDT's to ACPI it stopped working. But when removing the single "SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml" file from ACPI, booting into windows and switching it all on and off a few times it magically all works again!

Did the Bluetooth mouse work in Mojave?

Did you get a valid (non-zero) address for Bluetooth in System Information?

View attachment 384399

Well, I had reverted, but switched back again just to confirm the Bluetooth adress:
Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 16.39.59.png
Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 16.43.41.png

Yes, Magic mouse is working. As well my Bluetooth headset! Strangely Apple Keyboard is still not working. Had a antenna range problem, but just attached MB antennas and recognized immediately the headset.

Edit:

Further testing, mouse on Clover does not work. After macOS restarts, I have to go to Bluetooth settings and press connect on mouse, and wait a while before connects back.

So there's a lot of trouble to use Bluetooth like this. I'll revert now to Pci-E Card....

Last edited:
Back