Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Well, that didn't get it. I have limited time untill tomorrow. Should I zip the whole EFI folder and send it?

Jules
Sure; I’ll take a look.

I would also suggest deleting the EFI folder on the Mojave internal disk and redoing post-installation with METHOD 1. And rebuilding kernel caches with Kext Utility.

Last edited:
Glad to hear!! How did you fix your 4K resolution problem? Was it an HDMI cable issue?

Your #1 priority now should be to create a full backup. If you have a 120GB SSD (they are only USD $25 on Amazon) mounted in an external USB 3.0 enclosure, you can have a very fast backup disk with boot capability.

Next you can use Migration Assistant from the Utilities folder to copy applications and home folder. You should NOT migrate computer and network settings or "other files and folders".

Sometimes "other files and folders" are beneficial because they can migrate certain license files and application-configuration files. In this case you can re-run Migration Assistant and only check the box for Other Files and Folders.

Because there's no undo with Migration Assistant, the full backup becomes your only safety net.

P.S. Can you please edit your post above and remove the full copy of the Build Guide. The build guide changes regularly so I want to ensure that everyone is looking at the one and only version of it.

Didn't change anything just after a restart it is working fine. My iCloud is not working and one more thing after 5-10 minutes of idle time it goes to sleep automatically. Then if I've to use it, I've to restart the computer. Can you please suggest what to do now?

Hi Casey, thanks for the guide.

It is my first attemp at hackintosh so, I have the same specs as yours as an exception of a i9-9900K and a Vega 64.

The first time I installed Mojave worked fine, than MultiBeast hung up, and I had to reformat the drive.

Now it seems that everything I try the second stage of the installation fails, it stays on 15 min remaining, and then it just reboots after some progress.

Didn't change anything just after a restart it is working fine. My iCloud is not working and one more thing after 5-10 minutes of idle time it goes to sleep automatically. Then if I've to use it, I've to restart the computer. Can you please suggest what to do now?
Auto sleep is controlled by System Preferences --> Energy Saver. If wake-from-sleep isn't working properly, please compare the EFI partition in your Mojave internal disk against the screenshots in METHOD 1 of the build guide.

Compare:
  • config.plist
  • files in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • files in CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • files in CLOVER/driversUEFI64
  • files in /Library/Extensions
After running Migration Assistant, it is possible that some extra kernel extensions were copied into /Library/Extensions. Note any differences. Wake-from-sleep requires 2 keystrokes, spaced a few seconds apart. You may try adding "darkwake=0" to boot arguments in Clover Configurator for 1-key wake.

Hi Casey, thanks for the guide.

It is my first attemp at hackintosh so, I have the same specs as yours as an exception of a i9-9900K and a Vega 64.

The first time I installed Mojave worked fine, than MultiBeast hung up, and I had to reformat the drive.

Now it seems that everything I try the second stage of the installation fails, it stays on 15 min remaining, and then it just reboots after some progress.
  1. Some folks have suggested that if you're installing Mojave 10.14.2, it may be better to format the internal drive as APFS. Currently the build guide recommends "MacOS Extended (Journaled)," which is supposed to be auto-converted to APFS during installation.
  2. It may also be a good idea to replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder of your USB install disk's EFI partition and then retry the second stage of installation.

Auto sleep is controlled by System Preferences --> Energy Saver. If wake-from-sleep isn't working properly, please compare the EFI partition in your Mojave internal disk against the screenshots in METHOD 1 of the build guide.

Compare:
  • config.plist
  • files in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • files in CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • files in CLOVER/driversUEFI64
  • files in /Library/Extensions
After running Migration Assistant, it is possible that some extra kernel extensions were copied into /Library/Extensions. Note any differences. Wake-from-sleep requires 2 keystrokes, spaced a few seconds apart. You may try adding "darkwake=0" to boot arguments in Clover Configurator for 1-key wake.

Got it but what about iCloud, facetime, iMessage? I can log in to my apple id but can't use them.

Got it but what about iCloud, facetime, iMessage? I can log in to my apple id but can't use them.
This depends on specifying a valid and unique Serial Number in SMBIOS, rebooting and logging into iCloud. If METHOD 1 is followed strictly, nothing else needs to be done to enable these features other than logging into iCloud.

1. Some folks have suggested that if you're installing Mojave 10.14.2, it may be better to format the internal drive as APFS. Currently the build guide recommends "MacOS Extended (Journaled)," which is supposed to be auto-converted to APFS during installation.
  2. It may also be a good idea to replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder of your USB install disk's EFI partition and then retry the second stage of installation.

Thanks a lot that did the trick, I was also having the error from post #56 (exc bad corpse or something), this seems to have fixed everything plus disconnecting the power cable and retrying 4-5 times with the installation, for other people having issues in my config.plist the usb ownership was disabled be sure to double check it.

Installation worked but I am having a panic now, system wont boot, will give it another try after nye, thanks again.

I would also suggest deleting the EFI folder on the Mojave internal disk and redoing post-installation with METHOD 1. And rebuilding kernel caches with Kext Utility.
That is exactly what I will do this AM :) Here is my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.6 MB · Views: 109
Thanks a lot that did the trick, I was also having the error from post #56 (exc bad corpse or something), this seems to have fixed everything plus disconnecting the power cable and retrying 4-5 times with the installation, for other people having issues in my config.plist the usb ownership was disabled be sure to double check it.

Installation worked but I am having a panic now, system wont boot, will give it another try after nye, thanks again.
Curious... @DJ4MC reported the same or similar problem.

Can both of you please double check your BIOS version and BIOS settings?

And remove or disable the TRIM Enabler patch in config.plist (located next to the USB port limit or External icons patch). You can do this by booting from the USB install disk, selecting the internal Mojave boot volume, mounting the EFI partition on your Mojave disk and making this change.

Later this afternoon I should be able to do a fresh install to a spare disk and see if these problems occur.

Last edited:
Back