Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This flag should not be needed with WhateverGreen 1.3.4

agdpmod=pikera

• Renames board-id to board-ix effectively disabling boardID checks, this is an alternative when agdpmod=vit9696either is broken or doesn't work like with macOS 10.15.1(WhateverGreen 1.3.4 no longer requires this)

Has UniBeast been updated yet to install Catalina without Mojave?
It's in Alpha testing. Hopefully, the 'Beasts will be released within seven days.

I have been using the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (audio interface) with Apple TB2-to-TB3 adapter for 1 month. Recording daily with the audio interface. It works, no problems.
Thank you -- added to Thunderbolt 3 Experiences.

Yeah maybe that would make your guide idiot proof. Making me a … never mind.

Copied the R6 .aml file into the EFI folder and Bluetooth working fine now.

Your willingness to help less savvy people with this stuff so quickly is very cool. Thanks.
Glad it's working now. I've updated the SSDT zip files for:
  • Fractal Design Define R6
  • Gigabyte AORUS Extreme
The SSDTs inside the ZIP are still the same as before, but their extensions have been un-hidden, so we can clearly see which ones are .aml and which ones are .dsl.

@jiffyslot @bluepr0

Glad to see you're trying to modify the Thunderbolt SSDT to work with your systems. Give it a good shot, but if you run into some confounding issues or would like to have your files audited, just let me know.

Looking for help, my hackintosh suddenly won’t power up, when the power supply is turned on the designaire board illuminates white, that’s all i get no video or post and no power light.

Thoughts on where to start?
This seems more like hardware problems, and not hackintosh related.

However, you could try clearing the CMOS through a physical method, by taking out the battery and reinserting it.

The next would possibly be to take out the ATX 24 pin cable, and replugging it. Perhaps also checking other cables. If that doesn't work, test by taking out a high power unit, such as GFX, and test.

Could also be the PSU itself, not working well by giving enough power.

Perhaps CaseySJ or someone else knows better.
@bsholbrook

Were you able to resolve this problem? CMOS Reset is the right thing to do first.

Hi @CaseySJ not sure if you still remember me. I was one of the first peeps who got the Z390 Xtreme mobo and got them all working because of your help. :) Anyway, so if you remember, I also bought the Fenvi FVT-919 from Newegg as per your recommendation. I am now able to use it with my Sony XM3 headphones and Apple bluetooth devices. But even before I first used it (though now it's happening more often), I've been encountering moments when the bluetooth would just suddenly drop then my headphones, Apple Magic Keyboard, Apple Trackpad, and Apple Magic Mouse would all just stop working. Then after a few more minutes, the external HDDs would get disconnected too. The only way I can restart properly to make them all work again is by Screen Sharing from my Macbook Pro.

I tried removing all my external HDDs for awhile and it still happens randomly. As I've said, it's been happening more lately and it's become such an inconvenience especially with work.

So my question not just to you but to everyone using the Fenvi card, is this happening to you guys too or this is just an isolated case? Maybe a hardware fault, but I hardly think so as I'm leaning towards something that I've not setup properly perhaps.

I'm attaching my EFI folder as well if it could help. Thanks again @CaseySJ and hope to hear from you soon.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 95
Hi @CaseySJ not sure if you still remember me. I was one of the first peeps who got the Z390 Xtreme mobo and got them all working because of your help. :) Anyway, so if you remember, I also bought the Fenvi FVT-919 from Newegg as per your recommendation. I am now able to use it with my Sony XM3 headphones and Apple bluetooth devices. But even before I first used it (though now it's happening more often), I've been encountering moments when the bluetooth would just suddenly drop then my headphones, Apple Magic Keyboard, Apple Trackpad, and Apple Magic Mouse would all just stop working. Then after a few more minutes, the external HDDs would get disconnected too. The only way I can restart properly to make them all work again is by Screen Sharing from my Macbook Pro.

I tried removing all my external HDDs for awhile and it still happens randomly. As I've said, it's been happening more lately and it's become such an inconvenience especially with work.

So my question not just to you but to everyone using the Fenvi card, is this happening to you guys too or this is just an isolated case? Maybe a hardware fault, but I hardly think so as I'm leaning towards something that I've not setup properly perhaps.

I'm attaching my EFI folder as well if it could help. Thanks again @CaseySJ and hope to hear from you soon.
Hello @jdapolo

As I recall, you had a family member bring the Fenvi card from New York to the Philippines? ;)

Your EFI folder looks good, but I did notice that a USB Port Limit patch for 10.14.x was still in effect, which I've disabled in the attached file. I've also removed device-id from Devices --> Properties because UHD 630 has been natively supported since around 10.14.4.

Please try the attached file and if Bluetooth connection continues to falter, try some of these suggestions:
  • Reset the Bluetooth module as described here.
  • Clear NVRAM (it's an option at the Clover Boot Menu). Press F1 at that menu to see the help screen and look for the function key that clears NVRAM.
  • Move the Fenvi to a long slot on the motherboard. Be sure to flip power switch on PSU or pull power cable from the wall before removing or installing anything on the motherboard.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 87
@CaseySJ OMG, your memory is awesome man! I can't believe you still remember that. So cool! Haha.

Anyway yeah, that's how I got it. And yeah, I really opted to be MIA for this page for awhile out of sheer disappointment and sadness when I finally read that TB1 devices (I got 2 WD Thunderbolt Duos) will never be supported when @AlexD confirmed it. Still feel frustrated thinking about it. Hate you Intel! Hehe

Anyway, I'll give your config.plist a shot as well as your reco's then update you as soon as possible. Hoping this is exactly what is needed.

Anyway, another question: I know you guys are using iMac19,1 now but is it okay for me to use it too? I'm still using UHD630 as I still don't want to get a dedicated video card as my system's working fine anyway without one. Will there be any benefit for me to use that SMBIOS too? Thanks again!

Back