Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm trying to understand the quantified reasons for these updates? My BCM94360CD appears to be working just fine in Catalina with handoff, continuity, etc... Did you find that you needed to update to these patches in order for your Broadcom to function, or were you noticing issues prior to updating?

Thanks for any details...
I must admit that I got the update done on a ASRock z390 MB which is a backup system. On it I use a Dell1560 wireless card which wouldn't work without the upgrade of the kexts. If it ain't broken then don't fix it :)

Please check that you’re using only 1 memory driver, namely OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. You can always experiment with others later, but for initial install, use this one along with “slide=0”.

Also delete “Install MacOS Mojave” from your Mac’s Applications folder and re-download it from the Mac App Store.

Then check whether your USB flash disk is a good name brand product between 8GB and 64GB, preferably 16 to 32 GB.

Reformat the USB flash disk and run UniBeast again.

If the previous Mac installer was corrupt, it makes sense to recheck the very basics of the download and the USB install disk.

Then for extra prudence, remove two of the memory DIMMs, but refer to Designare manual for instructions on which slots to populate when only 2 DIMMs are used.

I have now tried using a new USB-stick but still cant get past phase 2.
I only have one memory driver, the free2000 one. Should I also use the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi that comes with updating clover after unibeast installation?

I have now tried using a new USB-stick but still cant get past phase 2.
I only have one memory driver, the free2000 one. Should I also use the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi that comes with updating clover after unibeast installation?
Suggestions:
  • Are you still seeing an error message, or does the progress bar or verbose log simply freeze?
  • Were you able to fully re-download the macOS installer app?
  • Have you temporarily removed two of the four DIMMs?
  • If you are using Samsung 970 EVO Plus, its firmware must be updated (in Windows) before it will work under macOS.
  • EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi is perfectly fine to add to the Clover drivers folder.
  • Please compress and upload CLOVER folder from EFI partition of the USB install disk.

If you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT card, you will need to upgrade the WiFi/Bluetooth Kexts to the ones that support Catalina. You can find the updated Kexts here:

These are a fork of RehabMans original Broadcom Kexts: https://github.com/headkaze/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/releases

Info on these Kexts were found here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...-catalina-broadcom-bluetooth-firmware-upload/

Remove the 2 WiFi/BT kexts that you were using for Mojave and replace them with the 3 kexts (yes, THREE) from the link above.

Once you replace them then Power off, remove power cord, press power on button a few times. Attach power cord and restart the machine.
I will need these for my Asus X99 Deluxe II once I upgrade that to Catalina. It contains a different Broadcom module (not 94360) so these kexts are required.

But for Broadcom's 94360-based modules (943602CS, 94360CS2, 94360CD) these are not necessary. The 94360-based modules are natively supported in macOS.

Last edited:
I have no idea how to change layouts. Could you please point me in the right direction? I've poked on Clover, but could not find it.

Also, I know this is a quite old message. I've been real busy the last couple months and I use this hackintosh for work, so I could not afford causing instabilities.

Thank you for your effort.
Changing audio Layout ID is very easy:
  • Mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Run Clover Configurator and open your config.plist
  • From the Devices page, enter a new Layout ID in the box shown under Inject
  • Save the file and reboot.
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.32.03 AM.png

I'm very thankful, for real. I'll do this today. Any advice on Clover version? VirtualSMC or FakeSMC? Lilu or whatevergreen specific version? Or latest is better?
Please keep us updated on your progress. Based on @CODYQX4's reply and one of his previous posts, let me check whether you're making this change:
  • In Clover Configurator, open your config.plist and select the SMBIOS section. You will find a section for specifying Memory modules, as shown:
    Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.37.23 AM.png
  • The screenshot below shows the values CODYQX4 entered into list, and also the settings of the 2 parameters just under the list.
    Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 00.32.42.png
If iMac19,1 still causes installation/boot failures, then switch back to iMacPro1,1. But note that Sidecar in Catalina will only with with a non-T2 SMBIOS such as iMac19,1.

Please keep us updated on your progress. Based on @CODYQX4's reply and one of his previous posts, let me check whether you're making this change:
  • In Clover Configurator, open your config.plist and select the SMBIOS section. You will find a section for specifying Memory modules, as shown:
    View attachment 430538
  • The screenshot below shows the values CODYQX4 entered into list, and also the settings of the 2 parameters just under the list.
    View attachment 430539
If iMac19,1 still causes installation/boot failures, then switch back to iMacPro1,1. But note that Sidecar in Catalina will only with with a non-T2 SMBIOS such as iMac19,1.

Thanks @CaseySJ! I'm glad that you answered. Thanks to both of you. Actually, I did edit my config.plist. Now I will test. My memory sticks are Corsair Brand.

I'm aiming for Mojave 10.14.6 only, thanks!

I'll upload my config.plist if you may check it, thanks again!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 68
Thanks @CaseySJ! I'm glad that you answered. Thanks to both of you. Actually, I did edit my config.plist. Now I will test. My memory sticks are Corsair Brand.

I'm aiming for Mojave 10.14.6 only, thanks!

I'll upload my config.plist if you may check it, thanks again!
This config.plist does not contain the Memory module information in SMBIOS. Have you entered that information yet?

I made some edits as follows:
  • Boot Arguments: Added -v and dart=0.
    • -v will enable Verbose and it can be removed when no longer needed.
    • Verbose prints detailed log messages during both startup and shutdown, and helps to troubleshoot problems.
    • dart=0 avoids problems with Vt-d.
  • Kernel and Kext Patches: Added External Icons Patch.
    • Note that there are no USB Port Limit patches.
      • Is this intentional?
      • Are you using the USB SSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched instead?

Attachments

• config-thrf.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 94
This config.plist does not contain the Memory module information in SMBIOS. Have you entered that information yet?

I made some edits as follows:
  • Boot Arguments: Added -v and dart=0.
    • -v will enable Verbose and it can be removed when no longer needed.
    • Verbose prints detailed log messages during both startup and shutdown, and helps to troubleshoot problems.
    • dart=0 avoids problems with Vt-d.
  • Kernel and Kext Patches: Added External Icons Patch.
    • Note that there are no USB Port Limit patches.
      • Is this intentional?
      • Are you using the USB SSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched instead?
I'm using your SSDT Along USBInjectAll.kext. I have VT-d disabled in BIOS.

I did try to edit the Memory Info using 3000mhz RAM defining slots and vendor with no luck.

I'm using two of this kits. I've tried to boot using the plist that you edited for me with no luck. I'm still stuck on End RandomSeed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014UYPEXE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Back