Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

View attachment 429634

@CaseySJ have you encounter this? I have exactly same hardware as your.
I am having the same issue as well. Maybe it's MacOS bug. It's killing me and my OSD.

I am running the Z390 designare/i9-9900k/RX580.
Please go to System Preferences —> upper right corner. Do you see any exclamations or warnings? Fix any iCloud-related issues from there just to be safe. This particular dialog looks normal, but it’s safest to open System Preferences to fix account-related issues.

I routinely install SATA SSDs in external USB 3.0 enclosures, so the Samsung T5 should be fine.
  • Which version of Clover is currently installed? Clover version appears on screen each time during boot.
  • If it’s older than 4961, consider updating it on the clone SSD (on the Samsung T5) before starting the Catalina upgrade.
  • Also try adding “-v” or verbose flag to Clover Configurator —> Boot Arguments.
  • When all else fails, attempt a fresh installation of Catalina on the Samsung T5 (or install fresh copy of Mojave 10.14.6 on the Samsung T5 and then attempt the upgrade).

Clover is 5070
I think I will try a fresh install.
I'm attaching a zip of Clover off my last Catalina attempt...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Could you tell me, between two power outages and two tips on installing Catalina, how to make sure that "About This Mac" displays i7-9700K and not iI9-9900K? Thank you!

I've received this on all of my actual Mac's as well, it's a re-authentication to iCloud.

Did you find a fix for it? I put my Apple ID information at least 30 times.

This was not an issue in Mojave.

Did you find a fix for it? I put my Apple ID information at least 30 times.

This was not an issue in Mojave.
I've not had to do it that many times. It usually is about five times and then it finally takes and clears the Yellow exclamation point. When I get the message to login multiple times win the App Store I typically log out and then log back in. This is much more of a pain for iCloud but you could also try that.

I strongly advise you not to use the free-2000.efi. According to its creator this is a hardware killer. You can google it, he made a post on another site and is pretty convincing.

Care to provide a link?

Back