Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I used the antenna that came with the motherboard for blue tooth on the Fenvi. Works great.

Me too, now I can put my BT antenna on my desk for better range.

@CaseySJ
would the attached give any clues to my lack of sleep?
I know I had to set Proximity Wake to 0. this was waking up my system each time I walked by with my Watch or iPhone in my pocket. Powernap is showing 0 (so off) and that is good. However your system is showing a couple of different entries than mine. I'll need to look up.

In the time being in Hackintool you should be able to hit the little Wrench/Gear icon, and it will configure the Proximitywake and Hibernate to be ZERO (0) which will disable those for you.

I know I had to set Proximity Wake to 0. this was waking up my system each time I walked by with my Watch or iPhone in my pocket. Powernap is showing 0 (so off) and that is good. However your system is showing a couple of different entries than mine. I'll need to look up.

In the time being in Hackintool you should be able to hit the little Wrench/Gear icon, and it will configure the Proximitywake and Hibernate to be ZERO (0) which will disable those for you.

Did that...thanks

@CaseySJ Just wanted to thank you again for this walkthrough--I backtracked and did a few steps again and now have a very fast, very capable machine for under 2k. I appreciate you!

CaseySJ's Coffee Lake in Phanteks Evolv X ATX Case:
Gigabyte Designare Z390 - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - AMD RX 580

This is an absolutely fantastic guide! Very impressive work, Casey! :clap:

I have ordered a Fenvi FV-T919 from China and a Radeon VII (while stock last!), so now I wait. Maybe want to see if Intel comes up with something surprisingly good with the Cascade Lake-X, but I don't expect it. X299 also seems to be waaay more tricky to Hackintosh. So I will probably soon order a Gigabyte Designare Z390 + i7-9900K. Will obviously install 10.14.6 on it.

Two questions for you and the rest of the community:
1): I'm thinking about doing all the tweaks manually as described in this great guide, or do you recommend that I use the attached files instead?
2) Any issues with the Radeon VII that I should be prepared to deal with?

BTW: I really had my heart set on the Mac Pro 2019, but that price man... :thumbdown

Hello @CaseySJ sorry to bother, whats the correct way to update the lilu, applealc, whatevergreen and clover to the latest releases?

Thanks, so is it just delete the old ones and copy the new ones? I did that but I couldn't boot
no, it checks for new updates kexts and downloads them to your desktop

then:

How and where to install kexts:

@CaseySJ

I just started working on a video project today, and I can't open iMovie. I used GarageBand for the first time on this Hackintosh, and, after, I can't open iMovie. Suggestions?

I tried deleting the .plist for iMovie. Tried restarting. Also reinstalled iMovie.

Back