Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I managed to grab the DSDT from Clover at boot. There are many errors when compiling it that I need to sort out. Not sure how that happened but I started a new thread in case anyone was interested here.

Maybe you can still get what you need from this though (attached). Again, thanks for your help.
Cool — will take a look later today. Still on vacation you know!
Okay, I think your hot-plug SSDT is properly configured. Have you tried using it? It must be used in combination with SSDT-DTPG.aml.

Thank you so much! Built my first Hackintosh!

I cannot seem to get the wifi card to work. Although this morning the Bluetooth option popped up, but not sure if it's entirely functional. This is what the networks tab in system information looks like. I also included the USB and wifi tab if it becomes helpful.

Any help would be great!
Thanks
  • Which WiFi/BT card are you using?
  • Can you also post a screenshot of the WiFi page in System Information?

Thanks!
Certainly, I'm using the Padarsey BCM94360CS2 card

This is all what's on the wifi page.

Appreciate it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 7.02.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 7.02.03 PM.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 59
@AlexD Can you please check if turning on System Integrity Protection is causing a memory error on the machine with AptioFixPkg. I does for me - wondering if it is just me or is it normal
@mango1122 I checked. Enabling SIP does cause memory allocation errors on boot, no matter what configuration.

I actually investigated the topic last night because of your response to my post. It's a tricky subject.

I'll experiment with this in the next few days and post my results in this thread in case @CaseySJ sees something I'm missing. I say this because I found out there's many possible configurations for SIP through CsrActiveConfig.

But as for now, 0x0 - which as you know is SIP enabled - is not possible with my current build and EFI folder.

Cheers! :wave:

@mango1122 I checked. Enabling SIP does cause memory allocation errors on boot, no matter what configuration.

I actually investigated the topic last night because of your response to my post. It's a tricky subject.

I'll experiment with this in the next few days and post my results in this thread in case @CaseySJ sees something I'm missing. I say this because I found out there's many possible configurations for SIP through CsrActiveConfig.

But as for now, 0x0 - which as you know is SIP enabled - is not possible with my current build and EFI folder.

Cheers! :wave:
Also, there's no need to have a spare EFI folder not bootable backup to experiment with CsrActiveConfig. You can change it on the fly within Clover options for each boot..

I'll make a mini guide on experimenting with SIP..

Thanks!
Certainly, I'm using the Padarsey BCM94360CS2 card

This is all what's on the wifi page.

Appreciate it!
Ouch, that’s not a good sign.
  • Have you installed SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
  • Which slot is the WiFi/BT card plugged into? Bottom long slot, bottom short slot, middle long slot, top short slot, etc.?
Additionally, please download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File —> Save As... and upload the file.

Ouch, that’s not a good sign.
  • Have you installed SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
  • Which slot is the WiFi/BT card plugged into? Bottom long slot, bottom short slot, middle long slot, top short slot, etc.?
Additionally, please download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File —> Save As... and upload the file.

I think that resolved it! I had it in the pcie next to the wifi module. So i decided to try all of them. Placed it near the bottom next to the usb it plugs into.

And now it's showing! for some reason I did get a panic sign when using the short pcie slot right above it.

Thank you so much!!!

My mistake, I tried the fresh installation again. And figured out that the thing made noise was my cpu cooler master, and just happened randomly -> wasn’t Multibeast problem.
I made the hypothesis that the crash was caused by FakeSMC and tried VirtualSMC. I did fresh installation again & got error loading kernel cache. :(
I am doing the installation again, and still trying to understand what is wrong.

Edit 2: I tried again, and same thing happend.
This time I noticed that the kext utility “Date system caches file = fasle”. I redownloaded the app, and did the installation again and nothing changed. So I tried Kext Wizards. :(( and this is the resultView attachment 418497

@CaseySJ I did try the fresh installation again, and manage the boot in the OS now. But seems my setting got some problems with Multibeast (installation hanging), Kext Utility (Update system cache files = false) after multiple try and crash after reboot. -> I decide the put all the Kext into Clover/Kexts/Other as similar to Vanilla method.

Still facing bluetooth issues:
  • I am using https://www.amazon.com/CHEN-LI-SHENG-BCM943602CS-Bluetooth/dp/B07H4Q6864
  • It was promoted as: "native", but I think just only the Wifi/ not BT.
  • Current status is not as blissful:
    • System Report > Bluetooth: No information found
    • System Report > USB:
    • Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device:
      • Product ID: 0xf007
      • Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
      • Version: 0.63
      • Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
      • Location ID: 0x14800000
    • Things I tried:
      • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
      • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
      • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
      • Disable on-board bluetooth with .aml in your Post-Installation Folder
Issues of shutdown/restart/sleep:
    • Shutdown acted as restart
    • Restart is not stable, worked randomly
  • I tried
    • Slide=0
    • darkwave=0
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
Again, thank you for your great guide. And if possible, please advise me in this :(

Edit 2: I just experienced a random freeze, here is my IORegistryExplorer report

Attachments

• Delta’s iMac.ioreg
    22.8 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
@CaseySJ I did try the fresh installation again, and manage the boot in the OS now. But seems my setting got some problems with Multibeast (installation hanging), Kext Utility (Update system cache files = false) after multiple try and crash after reboot. -> I decide the put all the Kext into Clover/Kexts/Other as similar to Vanilla method.

Still facing bluetooth issues:
  • I am using https://www.amazon.com/CHEN-LI-SHENG-BCM943602CS-Bluetooth/dp/B07H4Q6864
  • It was promoted as: "native", but I think just only the Wifi/ not BT.
  • Current status is not as blissful:
    • System Report > Bluetooth: No information found
    • System Report > USB:
    • Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device:
      • Product ID: 0xf007
      • Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
      • Version: 0.63
      • Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
      • Location ID: 0x14800000
    • Things I tried:
      • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
      • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
      • FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
      • Disable on-board bluetooth with .aml in your Post-Installation Folder
This card is natively supported (BCM943602CS) so we should remove all of the above kexts. Try moving the card into a different slot on the motherboard.

Issues of shutdown/restart/sleep:
    • Shutdown acted as restart
    • Restart is not stable, worked randomly
  • I tried
    • Slide=0
    • darkwave=0
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
Again, thank you for your great guide. And if possible, please advise me in this :(
Please check if “rc scripts” are installed on your system as follows:
  • Run Terminal from the Utilities folder
  • Type: ls -C /etc
  • Post a screenshot of the output

This card is natively supported (BCM943602CS) so we should remove all of the above kexts. Try moving the card into a different slot on the motherboard.

Please check if “rc scripts” are installed on your system as follows:
  • Run Terminal from the Utilities folder
  • Type: ls -C /etc
  • Post a screenshot of the output

I am using the top long PCIe for my Vega, and bottom short for the Wifi/BT. Then I think I need to relayout them.

For the “rc script”, I will try as your advice. And the screenshot tmr.

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ. Believe I never reach this state without your guide.

Back