Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Here you go
Please try this modified config.plist (copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS/RtVariables). The main issue was an incorrectly entered Platform ID. All "DATA" values in devices --> Properties must be entered in reverse byte order.

So Platform ID 0x3E980003 would be entered like this:

0300983E

Let's see whether this makes a difference. After making this change, please run Hackintool and see whether you get the following. This will at least tell us that platform ID and iGPU are initialized properly.
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 1.57.51 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 58
Your LG monitor has only DVI-D and HDMI. When you say that you can see DVI from RX 580 and DP from UHD630, what are you using to display DP? Did you mean "HDMI from UHD630"?

From the two screenshots I cannot tell the difference in image quality -- they look the same. But if the HDMI image is dimmer and has less color saturation (hence, "matte"), maybe you can control that from:

System Preferences --> Displays --> Color

by choosing a different color gamut...
View attachment 413668

Please try this modified config.plist (copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS/RtVariables). The main issue was an incorrectly entered Platform ID. All "DATA" values in devices --> Properties must be entered in reverse byte order.

So Platform ID 0x3E980003 would be entered like this:

0300983E

Let's see whether this makes a difference. After making this change, please run Hackintool and see whether you get the following. This will at least tell us that platform ID and iGPU are initialized properly.
View attachment 413677

Didn't work, here is Hackintool

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.15.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.15.04 PM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.34.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.34.28 PM.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Your LG monitor has only DVI-D and HDMI. When you say that you can see DVI from RX 580 and DP from UHD630, what are you using to display DP? Did you mean "HDMI from UHD630"?

From the two screenshots I cannot tell the difference in image quality -- they look the same. But if the HDMI image is dimmer and has less color saturation (hence, "matte"), maybe you can control that from:

System Preferences --> Displays --> Color

by choosing a different color gamut...
View attachment 413668

Hi Casey; You are right; I looked up the monitor connections, and I see that my precise monitor number is 29EA93-P, which DOES have a DP (1.2). I have connected it from the UDH630 DP port to the monitor DP port and have selected DP 1.2 in the monitor menu. On the RX580, I only connect the DVI connector to the monitor DVI input. The screenshots where the same; I saw that too later so I have removed them; it is logical that the screenshots are the same because that is not a 'photo' from what you see on the monitor ;), so therefore they are of course the same. I tried taking a photo with my phone, but the phone 'autocorrects' the picture and that we don't want haha.

Now; what I do notice, is that both the RX580 and the UHD630 produce exactly the same (correct colour and brightness) picture, up until arriving in the Mojave Desktop. System Preferences --> Displays --> Color I tried already before without success...

Didn't work, here is Hackintool, also Platform I
There was also a typo in your original file:

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.36.02 PM.png

Instead of PCIRoot it should be PciRoot (case sensitive). This has been fixed in the attached config.plist. Serial numbers must be copied back before use.

The preferred way to make this change is described here:

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 93
Hi Casey; You are right; I looked up the monitor connections, and I see that my precise monitor number is 29EA93-P, which DOES have a DP (1.2). I have connected it from the UDH630 DP port to the monitor DP port and have selected DP 1.2 in the monitor menu. On the RX580, I only connect the DVI connector to the monitor DVI input. The screenshots where the same; I saw that too later so I have removed them; it is logical that the screenshots are the same because that is not a 'photo' from what you see on the monitor ;), so therefore they are of course the same. I tried taking a photo with my phone, but the phone 'autocorrects' the picture and that we don't want haha.

Now; what I do notice, is that both the RX580 and the UHD630 produce exactly the same (correct colour and brightness) picture, up until arriving in the Mojave Desktop. System Preferences --> Displays --> Color I tried already before without success...
I forgot that you have the ASRock Z390 Extreme4 and not the Designare! So yes, your motherboard has DP!

Just to confirm: the DP port on your MSI RX580 does not produce a picture on your monitor? Is it the MSI Gaming X or the MSI Armour series?

In your ASRock BIOS there should be a setting for CSM Support. Have you tried both Enabled and Disabled?

There was also a typo in your original file:

View attachment 413690

Instead of PCIRoot it should be PciRoot (case sensitive). This has been fixed in the attached config.plist. Serial numbers must be copied back before use.

The preferred way to make this change is described here:

I used Hackintool to make the change and still the same issue. Weird. Also in your FCPX section there is a typo (see attached).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.45.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.45.14 PM.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.44.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.44.48 PM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
I used Hackintool to make the change and still the same issue. Weird. Also in your FCPX section there is a typo (see attached).
Thanks for pointing that out -- will fix it immediately! Might have been an auto-correct problem. In Hackintool, please check that Platform ID is now 0x3E980003.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out -- will fix it immediately! Might have been an auto-correct problem. In Hackintool, please check that Platform ID is now 0x3E980003.

Here is a screenshot, after running patch and rebooting. VDA Decoder says Fully Supported

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.55.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.55.46 PM.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.57.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.57.12 PM.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 93
Here is a screenshot, after running patch and rebooting. VDA Decoder says Fully Supported
One more thing to try (reluctantly, but since we're running out of options we might as well):
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.58.05 PM.png

What is the make/model of the RX 580?

Back