Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I haven't been able to set up macOS yet. It panics as I boot from the "Boot macOS Install macOS from HD"

Attached is the clover folder.

Thanks for your continued help
Based on Post #4762 above, perhaps you should modify the CLOVER folder on your USB EFI partition as follows:
  • Disable the 4 USB port limit patches in Kernel and Kext Patches by clicking the "Disable" checkbox next to each one.
  • Copy the following 2 files into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
    • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    • SSDT-EC.aml
  • Copy the following 2 files into the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
    • USBInjectAll.kext
    • XHC-Unsupported.kext
All 4 files are contained in Post-Install Files.zip.

Based on Post #4762 above, perhaps you should modify the CLOVER folder on your USB EFI partition as follows:
  • Disable the 4 USB port limit patches in Kernel and Kext Patches by clicking the "Disable" checkbox next to each one.
  • Copy the following 2 files into the CLOVER/ACPI/patchedfolder:
    • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    • SSDT-EC.aml
  • Copy the following 2 files into the CLOVER/kexts/Otherfolder:
    • USBInjectAll.kext
    • XHC-Unsupported.kext
All 4 files are contained in Post-Install Files.zip.

Doesn't panic anymore, but freezes at the installation screen at different points different times.
Sometimes black screens, and sometimes it goes to the installation page then freezes

Doesn't panic anymore, but freezes at the installation screen at different points different times.
Sometimes black screens, and sometimes it goes to the installation page then freezes

View attachment 410791View attachment 410792
If you have both RX 580 and WX 7100 installed at the same time, try removing the WX 7100 and connecting your monitor only to the RX 580.

Also let us know the makes/models of other components:
  • Which NVMe SSD?
  • Which make/model of memory?
  • BIOS version F6?
  • Have BIOS settings been re-verified?
  • Which power supply? And its wattage?
  • Any SATA drives in the system?
  • Any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse?
  • Any Thunderbolt docks or devices?
  • Which monitor? And is it connected via DP or HDMI?

Having an issue with a OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual (Raid 0) where it won't stay connected to the USB 3 ports. Keeps getting automatically disconnected and will only stay connected to the USB 2 ports at HS09 and HS10. Still on 10.14.4 running as a Mac Mini 8,1. Any ideas? Would updating and switching to iMac 19,2 potentially help?

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 122
If you have both RX 580 and WX 7100 installed at the same time, try removing the WX 7100 and connecting your monitor only to the RX 580.

Also let us know the makes/models of other components:
  • Which NVMe SSD?
  • Which make/model of memory?
  • BIOS version F6?
  • Have BIOS settings been re-verified?
  • Which power supply? And its wattage?
  • Any SATA drives in the system?
  • Any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse?
  • Any Thunderbolt docks or devices?
  • Which monitor? And is it connected via DP or HDMI?

I think I found the issue. I have Samsung 970 Evo Plus, just read online it's not currently supported.

I think I found the issue. I have Samsung 970 Evo Plus, just read online it's not currently supported.
Samsung has a firmware update that makes the Plus compatible with macOS. Unfortunately, you can only update the firmware in Windoze.

Having an issue with a OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual (Raid 0) where it won't stay connected to the USB 3 ports. Keeps getting automatically disconnected and will only stay connected to the USB 2 ports at HS09 and HS10. Still on 10.14.4 running as a Mac Mini 8,1. Any ideas? Would updating and switching to iMac 19,2 potentially help?
The Mercury Elite Pro Dual is a Thunderbolt 2 device that also supports USB 3.1 Gen 1.
  • Are you connecting it to one of the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports with a TB3-to-TB2 adapter?
  • Are you connecting it via a USB Type B to USB Type A cable?
  • Have you tried updating the USB SSDT to SSDT-UIAC-Z390-DESIGNARE-V7.aml and also copying SSDT-EC.aml (both to the CLOVER/ACPI/patch folder)?
  • When you say it won't stay connected, do you mean it ejects during sleep or ejects at random times during normal usage?

The Mercury Elite Pro Dual is a Thunderbolt 2 device that also supports USB 3.1 Gen 1.
  • Are you connecting it to one of the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports with a TB3-to-TB2 adapter?
  • Are you connecting it via a USB Type B to USB Type A cable?
  • Have you tried updating the USB SSDT to SSDT-UIAC-Z390-DESIGNARE-V7.aml and also copying SSDT-EC.aml (both to the CLOVER/ACPI/patch folder)?
  • When you say it won't stay connected, do you mean it ejects during sleep or ejects at random times during normal usage?

I have the USB 3/ eSATA version. No TB. Connecting USB B -> USB A. It connects and ejects randomly in anywhere from 30 sec to 5 min. Whether reading, writing, idle. Totally random. Only happens with the USB 3 Type A ports. I'll try updating the USB SSDT.

The USB installer built with UniBeast applies a USB port limit patch in the Kernel and Kext Patches section that enables all USB ports. However, since 10.14.4 we found that the two black USB 2.0 ports are disabled by this patch. This is mentioned in the build guide, which recommends only the USB 3 ports for installation.

The ideal solution would be the following:
  • Run UniBeast to create the USB Install Disk.
  • Follow the subsequent spoiler to modify config.plist and the various CLOVER folders.
  • But then:
    • Disable the USB port limit patch from config.plist
    • Copy USBInjectAll.kext and XHC-Unsupported.kext to the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
    • Copy SSDT-UIAC-Z390-DESIGNARE-V7.aml and SSDT-EC.aml to CLOVER/ACPI/patched
This enables all ports (even the USB 2.0) without relying on any port limit patch. Because we already have a working USB SSDT, it can be used at any time. But it must be used in conjunction with USBInjectAll.kext. The companion kext (XHC-Unsupported.kext) is recommended but not strictly necessary.

Does it matter that I have a Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi Mobo? to use those two SSDT patchs? Which you've designed for the Designare?

After post install my machine looked very different to yours in the guide:
My Acpi tab on in clover had two more patches
There where 4 more port limit kext patches
I did not copy your above .aml file and the thunderbolt one, because they did not seem relevant to my board. I was going to go through rehabman's custom SSDT creation guide.
My GPU is not recognised, and my Intell UHD 630 is only showing 7mb VRAM

Last edited:
After a fair bit of tinkering, SMBIOS iMac19,1 works perfectly as confirmed by Hackintool (VDA Decoder) and VideoProc with Platform ID 0x3E980003 and Device ID 0x3E98.

If you're on Macmini8,1, it may be necessary to contemplate the change to iMac19,1. This means deauthorizing existing software licenses (as much as possible), signing out of iCloud, then changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 (which provides new serial numbers), and copying the new Board Serial Number from SMBIOS and pasting it into MLB in RtVariables.

After a reboot, software and plug-ins may need to be relicensed.

Before doing this, make a full bootable backup of the existing system. The procedure is now in the main guide, just under Going the Extra Mile.

@CaseySJ, you knocked it out of the park as always. The VDADecoderChecker that I've referred to in the past (I know its not a tool you've used) passes everything and the Intel Power Meter Shows the GFX responding to H265 playback. I'll be cleaning a few things up and making a fresh 10.14.5 headless enabled backup now.

Back