Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all, CaseSJ,

Until yesterday, I've been running this build for years now, no complaints at all. Many thanks!

Last night, I ordered and installed the new VST piano from synthogy (Ivory 3 - German D)

It works, but crackles. I tried using my (Thunderbolt) Presonus Quantum 2 interface, but it was invisible.

Now, I guess the Ivory 3 install somehow messed with the TB/Presonus connection, because the indiciator light stays red (meaning disconnected) instead of blue.
It does blink an alternating red-blue at first, indicating it is trying to connect, but it turns red in the end.

The Quantum audio interface is also invisible in Logic, and in the AudioMidi setup.
In the Presonus app (UniversalControl) it shows up, but is further uncontrollable.

What steps can I do to see where the fault lies and what I can do to remedy this?
System report? Some other app's report/log?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,

Hello @pianistslogic,

Glad to hear the system has been running well over the years!

To troubleshoot the problem, let’s first try to get back to the previous working state. This means:
  • Disconnect the Ivory 3
  • If the Ivory 3 installed any drivers, uninstall the drivers
  • Then reboot the system with the Presonus powered on and connected
  • Does it work?
  • If not, please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As…)
  • IORegistryExplorer can be downloaded from here:

Hello @pianistslogic,

Glad to hear the system has been running well over the years!

To troubleshoot the problem, let’s first try to get back to the previous working state. This means:
  • Disconnect the Ivory 3
  • If the Ivory 3 installed any drivers, uninstall the drivers
  • Then reboot the system with the Presonus powered on and connected
  • Does it work?
  • If not, please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File -> Save As…)
  • IORegistryExplorer can be downloaded from here:
Hi CaseySJ,

Wow, thanks for your super quick reply!

I've tried uninstalling Ivory3 (moving the stuff from 'Applications' to the bin + emptying bin) (and removing some plugins from some folders I could find/remember)

After reboot, the Presonus connected correctly and was usable again in Logic

After installing Ivory3 again, I could choose the Presonus as audio device in the Ivory standalone app

After reboot, perhaps it worked for a few seconds, but now the audio interface is showing a red led again, and no connectivity works really.

I've made two IOreg files, one without Ivory (functional) and one with Ivory (broken) (using the 'save as' function)

If you (or another one) knows/sees anything that might help, I'd love to hear.

Thanks a lot. All the best!

I followed these steps for resetting an Apollo device again

Somehow, everything seems to work now..
The ivory3 plugin in Logic
The ivory3 standalone app
Closing and switching between the above apps
Opening/closing the universal control app occasionally

Not sure if the restarts helped or the 'big poweroff'
But so far, so good..

If anything changes I'll get back to you, but for now, it seems ok?

Thanks, sorry to have taken your time.

Best!

@CaseySJ:
I am trying to reinstall Monterey on my Z390 for the fifth or sixth time. I redid the USB installer from the ground up
with OC 0.9.2 and Monterey 12.6.7 as per your instructions, with my personal credentials. I will get stuck at the same point, unfortunately. See screenshot.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
@CaseySJ:
I am trying to reinstall Monterey on my Z390 for the fifth or sixth time. I redid the USB installer from the ground up
with OC 0.9.2 and Monterey 12.6.7 as per your instructions, with my personal credentials. I will get stuck at the same point, unfortunately. See screenshot.
Any suggestions?
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Followed the Mini-Guide to install OC 0.9.2. All worked well, but I'm now seeing two errors on the MB boot screen. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

Code:
OCS: No schema for Consolefont at 1 Index, context <Output>!
OCS: No schema for PciIo at 17 index, context <ProtocolOverrides> |

Attached config.plist.

error_messages.PNG

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.2 KB · Views: 25
I'm now seeing two errors on the MB boot screen
Before you upgrade OC it's best to study the changes for that version. 0.9.2 in your scenario.

Read the config.plist section. Make the changes necessary in that part of your config.plist.

Followed the Mini-Guide to install OC 0.9.2. All worked well, but I'm now seeing two errors on the MB boot screen. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

Code:
OCS: No schema for Consolefont at 1 Index, context <Output>!
OCS: No schema for PciIo at 17 index, context <ProtocolOverrides> |

Attached config.plist.
These warnings can safely be ignored. When you used OpenCore Configurator, do you remember what version of OpenCore was stated in the title bar of the app?

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 8.13.48 AM.png

@CaseySJ:
Any suggestions?
Here's a checklist:
  • Which version of BIOS? Are BIOS parameters set properly?
  • Is an Ethernet cable connected to one of the two rear Ethernet ports?
  • If using Vega or Radeon VII, boot argument agdpmod=pikera must be removed.
  • Is a 32GB to 64GB flash drive (USB 3 ideally) being used?
  • Was Monterey downloaded using gibMacOS?
  • If so, after the download, was InstallAssistant.pkg invoked to create the actual installer?
  • Are all unnecessary Thunderbolt, USB, and PCIe devices disconnected?

Back