Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some questions:
  • Which motherboard are you using? Is it the one shown in your profile under your user name?
  • Please add your CPU to your profile
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • I noticed that AppleVTD is disabled; this is needed for certain types of Thunderbolt devices
It's the z390 designare.
I have currently have an i5 but intend to install an i9. Yes I will update my profile in the morning.
On Ventura 13.13.1.
I will enable AppleVTD. Can this be done from OC Auxiliary Tools.

It's the z390 designare.
I have currently have an i5 but intend to install an i9. Yes I will update my profile in the morning.
On Ventura 13.13.1.
I will enable AppleVTD. Can this be done from OC Auxiliary Tools.
You're using a very different OpenCore EFI folder -- not the one published in this thread -- which is perfectly okay, but the one we publish here has AppleVTD enabled. This can be done quite easily to your EFI Folder by following the instructions here:

I tried using your 0.91 efi but fails to boot. Please see attached screenshot. Thanks.
Some mention of Bluetooth and just stops booting.

Attachments

• 20230503_064254.jpg
    20230503_064254.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 16
I tried using your 0.91 efi but fails to boot. Please see attached screenshot. Thanks.
Some mention of Bluetooth and just stops booting.
Have you tried enabling AppleVTD using your EFI?

Have you tried enabling AppleVTD using your EFI?
Yes. Same thing. TB devices aren't detected at all. I'm starting to think it's a hardware fault. The motherboard was 2nd hand and perhaps it's just failing.

I've got it on the bench with just ram, cpu, gpu and nvme drive plugged in.

Yes. Same thing. TB devices aren't detected at all. I'm starting to think it's a hardware fault. The motherboard was 2nd hand and perhaps it's just failing.

I've got it on the bench with just ram, cpu, gpu and nvme drive plugged in.
Do USB-C (USB 3.x — must be USB 3.x) devices work on the two Thunderbolt ports?

Do USB-C (USB 3.x — must be USB 3.x) devices work on the two Thunderbolt ports?
Only the top port is working when I connect usb 3 drive.

Probably won't do anything but I might try flashing the motherboard bios. I'm on 9i but might try the Elias version. Which is the latest?

Probably won't do anything but I might try flashing the motherboard bios. I'm on 9i but might try the Elias version. Which is the latest?
It’s best to re-flash BIOS F9i (standard version). The Elias version needs special care.

Back