Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

What does the "small loading animation in the center" look like? Is it a spinning gear icon, a spinning beachball, something else? Is it from macOS itself or a third-party application?
@CaseySJ I upload a video to see exactly what is happening.
I use Samsung SSD nvme 970 Evo Plus...i know due to trimming it has slower boot times.

@CaseySJ I upload a video to see exactly what is happening.
I use Samsung SSD nvme 970 Evo Plus...i know due to trimming it has slower boot times.
Some questions:
  • What is the make and model of your monitor?
  • Which type of connection are you using:
    • DP to DP
    • HDMI to HDMI

Attached is the file they gave me. I have not been able to get the FW upgrade to work in Windows so I am going to try to CH341a method later in the week. I asked for a version that could support a CalDigit Element Hub (TB 3 and 4) which CalDigit said needed to be NVM 66 or higher. This is supposed to be NVM 67.
Thank you for posting NVM 67 for Designare Z390. After modifying 4 bytes I flashed it to my Z390 Designare Test Bench.

Preliminary Results:
  • Works very well so far, but I only have Thunderbolt 2 and 3 devices. I do not have Thunderbolt 4 devices so cannot check for compatibility with Thunderbolt 4 hubs, for example.
  • Both ports work.
  • Hot plug works well.
  • Tested with 2 devices on Monterey 12.4 public beta 3:
    • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
    • Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro
I'll post the modified file in the Thunderbolt Repository in just a couple of minutes.
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.13.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.12.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.15.21 AM.png

Last edited:
Did you install using the CH341A method? That is my plan later today since I can't get the windows installer to work.
Yes it has to be installed with CH341a. I used a Pomona 5250 SOIC clip and was pleasantly surprised that it worked on first attempt. It can be difficult to read the flash chip so if you’ve not done this before, be very patient and very gentle with the clip. Some folks have accidentally dislodged nearby surface mount resistors, so exercise patience and extreme care.

Great, I have the Pomina already waiting for the Noyito CH341A, should be here today...

Is anyone else having Bluetooth breaking after a long sleep? Just started in 12.3.1.

I'm using the Broadcom from the guide BCM_20702B0

Is anyone else having Bluetooth breaking after a long sleep? Just started in 12.3.1.

I'm using the Broadcom from the guide BCM_20702B0
Try disabling both of the following, then reboot:
  • config.plist --> ACPI --> SSDT-USBW.aml
  • config.plist --> Kernel --> USBWakeFixup.kext

Back