Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@avtor, @CaseySJ
Thank you very much for your responses.
I attached my EFI files in this message.

The error "macOs could not be installed on your computer clover" has occured in the process #11:
"This begins Phase 2 of the installation process. Mojave installer will usually say 15 Minutes Remaining or 30 Minutes Remaining."

The bootable USB I used was created using Unibeast 8.3.2 (for High Sierra).
My concern is that since I didn't download a complete version of high sierra from App Store and just got the incomplete version (22MB), I made the installer according to the following method.

My another concern is that I didn't set GPU in PCIe card slot.

These points are crucial for the installing process?

Sorry, I forgot to mention another different point from the first page of this thread.
There is no BIOS option for "Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)": BIOS version is F5.

I'm having really annoying USB issues with this build

- My keyboard keeps adding random spaces or letters when I type, I get either double letters or spaces.
- My USB audio interface fails to initialise on boot (have to re-plug it in) and also get the odd crackle - My mouse sometimes lags or freezes.

Any idea what could be causing this I've tried different USB ports.

I'm having really annoying USB issues with this build

- My keyboard keeps adding random spaces or letters when I type, I get either double letters or spaces.
- My USB audio interface fails to initialise on boot (have to re-plug it in) and also get the odd crackle - My mouse sometimes lags or freezes.

Any idea what could be causing this I've tried different USB ports.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Sorry, I forgot to mention another different point from the first page of this thread.
There is no BIOS option for "Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)": BIOS version is F5.

It should be under M.I.T. --> Advanced Memory Settings section in BIOS.
I have noticed I do not always see some features in BIOS. For example on a number of occasions I do not see DVMT Pre-Alloc or DVMT Total Gfx Mem, but if I reboot and go back into BIOS it may appear. Not sure why, but I have noticed this with BIOS versions F3, F4, F5 & F6 on my board.

It should be under M.I.T. --> Advanced Memory Settings section in BIOS.
I have noticed I do not always see some features in BIOS. For example on a number of occasions I do not see DVMT Pre-Alloc or DVMT Total Gfx Mem, but if I reboot and go back into BIOS it may appear. Not sure why, but I have noticed this with BIOS versions F3, F4, F5 & F6 on my board.

In my case, there is no X.M.P option in Advanced Memory Settings and also in Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU core settings.

I tried to reboot but the option did not appear...

In my case, there is no X.M.P option in Advanced Memory Settings and also in Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU core settings.

I tried to reboot but the option did not appear...

Try updating the BIOS to F6 and see if that makes it available.

Do I need to use a different FakeSMC in order to see CPU Temps? System Monitor app I've used in the past isn't displaying CPU temp. Not really an issue for me though. Overclocked to 5Ghz just for fun but I'm currently air cooled so won't be running that way
If you have installed the FakeSMC_xxxSensors.kexts (there are 5 of them) you should be able able to see CPU temperatures using iStat Menus or the free HWMonitor App by RehabMan.

@JimSalabim , thanks for this question!

@CaseySJ , I might have lost the beginning of this discussion , but just to follow up and confirm HS08 and HS13 are the only USB 2.0 pieces of TB ports, and then what the HS01 and HS02 mentioned in @JimSalabim question belong to?
I'll make a note to double-check this later this evening. I think I know, but I would rather fact-check myself before posting.

Hello every one, after a success installation I have a problem now, I tested everything including FCPX and It was working jus fine, today I try to open and I have the messages:

This graphics configuration does not support hardware acceleration, which is required to run Final Cut Pro.

I with the MOBO to a different case and that's the only think I did, I review all the setting and Everything looks good.
Im using a HDMI port from the Shapphire RX580. Im Using a 4K display.
I hope this make sense.
thanks for your help.
Can you post your IOReg dump as follows:
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer
  • Then choose File --> Save As...
  • Upload the file

Back