Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

OpenCore 0.6.6 changes the implementation of 'bootstrap' in significant ways. This might cause some teething issues.

Some guidelines:
  • At OpenCore Picker, press spacebar to reveal Reset NVRAM and select that option.
  • When system restarts, press Del key to enter BIOS Setup.
  • In the Boot section of BIOS Setup, set Boot Priority #1 to the internal macOS SSD (not "OpenCore" or anything else). On the next reboot this boot priority should change to "OpenCore" automatically, which is correct.
  • Now check if OpenCore Picker appears.
  • If so, boot macOS then go to System Preferences --> Startup Disk and select the default startup disk again.
  • Reboot the computer and see if OpenCore Picker appears properly.
I actually did all of that before I posted–about 20 times:banghead::banghead:. But you mention bootstrap...Funny, there was a folder in my previous EFI/OC called Bootstrap with a bootstrap.efi inside. I'm not sure when or why I got this file but it was there. Do you have an idea where it might have come from?

Are there any benefits to using F9i over F9g? In principle I would guess there must be improvements, but it sure is nice not having to worry about CFG-Lock on F9g. Likewise, should F9j be used if we don't need USB 3.X on thunderbolt?
F9i would be preferred over F9g, but it requires manual disabling of CFG-Lock. Regarding F9j, the main feature of that is support for Resizeable BAR (base address register) to gain a less-than-5% improvement in hard-core gaming performance. Not worth the loss of USB 3.0.

I actually did all of that before I posted–about 20 times:banghead::banghead:. But you mention bootstrap...Funny, there was a folder in my previous EFI/OC called Bootstrap with a bootstrap.efi inside. I'm not sure when or why I got this file but it was there. Do you have an idea where it might have come from?
Bootstrap folder and Bootstrap.efi have been deleted in OC 0.6.6. Their functionality has been replaced by LauncherOption within Opencore.efi.

Anyway, please try a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Then see if Big Sur can reboot properly with OC 0.6.6.

Looks good! Very intuitive. Love that it doesn't close the window down like EFI Agent does, and I immediately figured out that double clicking on the name will open it in Finder. I get the 'spinning ball of death' for a few seconds when first clicking on the icon. Besides that, making it more compact would make it faster to use, and also reducing the animation time. Great work! What got you into developing this?
Thank you for the feedback
Im not developing this tool to replace EFI Agent or another one.
This is a test for another build, more complex app.
Unfortunately 1.0.4 still crashes on the Z490 Vision D, which has macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Kubuntu Linux 20.04.
Please guys try this one.
Performance may be decreased
But added a little think that you will love for sure haha
OCC EFI Mounter.png

EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI

annoying right?
and you never know which one is your main systems EFI and which is your USB
try build 1.0.5 please
EDITED:
wait 1.0.6 soon !
HackinDROM EFI.png

Attachments

• HackinDROM EFI 1.0.5.zip
    225.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
1.0.5 not working for me (1.0.4 was working great).
The app is not responding after starting it up (the colored weel keeps spinning).
I had to quit via the activity monitor.
Thanks for testing
please open Terminal and enter "diskutil list" then post the output here

Thank you for the feedback
Im not developing this tool to replace EFI Agent or another one.
This is a test for another build, more complex app.

Please guys try this one.
Performance may be decreased
But added a little think that you will love for sure haha
View attachment 507650
EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI
EFI

annoying right?
and you never know which one is your main systems EFI and which is your USB
try build 1.0.5 please
View attachment 507651
Oops, still crashes (Z490 Vision D with macOS, Windows, Linux)

Bootstrap folder and Bootstrap.efi have been deleted in OC 0.6.6. Their functionality has been replaced by LauncherOption within Opencore.efi.

Anyway, please try a CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Then see if Big Sur can reboot properly with OC 0.6.6.
I actually tried that yesterday, even went back to BIOS f9i because of the Thunderbolt/USB issue. Same effect. I think I'll just stay on OC 0.6.5 for now. It's extremely stable for me. Maybe OC 0.6.7 will be the ticket later. Thanks!

Back