Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is this a typo by Apple? Surely 10.15.7 or could it be another supplemental update?

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 18.45.49.png

Yes ... a huge friend effort @CaseySJ

I already have opencore running, I just want to update to the latest version. Is the process the same as a new installation?

I already have opencore running, I just want to update to the latest version. Is the process the same as a new installation?
Please see the post below. We should fully configure 0.6.1 on a USB flash disk as explained in that guide, boot from the USB to verify everything, then copy the 0.6.1 EFI folder to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.

@CaseySJ

I am seeing a curious thing, maybe the name I put in the System Product Name is wrong, I used the iMac19.1 ... everything works only on the apple site it recognizes as MAC Pro and on the iPhone too .. now on the OS itself it appears as Imac 27 .. am I using the wrong name?

Thanks

hey im having issue with my firewire card..

ive tried both the startech and vantec cards and both dont seem to show up in mojave 10.14.6

things ive tried:
ive plugged them into every available pciex port except pciex8 because my video card is there.
ive tried playing around with kext files in library extensions by copying the ones i have in macbook running el capitan
ive tried playing with firewirefix in clover configurator

am i missing something?... the closest i got, at one point, was to see the firewire card show up in the pci section of system information but it indicated missing drivers

any help would be appreciated

@CaseySJ

I am seeing a curious thing, maybe the name I put in the System Product Name is wrong, I used the iMac19.1 ... everything works only on the apple site it recognizes as MAC Pro and on the iPhone too .. now on the OS itself it appears as Imac 27 .. am I using the wrong name?

Thanks
If the original SMBIOS name was Mac Pro then it may still be registered in iCloud as Mac Pro. You can check this even on the Mac itself:

System Preferences --> Apple ID --> then look at the list of computers on the left side.

Argh. Another prohibited sign, after a warm reboot. Reboot once more, wipe NVRAM in Clover, and I am in again. Really irritating.

Argh. Another prohibited sign, after a warm reboot. Reboot once more, wipe NVRAM in Clover, and I am in again. Really irritating.
Have you already tried OpenCore?

This would mean:
  • Install BIOS F9g to unlock MSR 0xE2
  • Remove Clover "rc" scripts from /etc folder
  • Remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions
  • Use the OpenCore 0.6.1 EFI
    • This means copying your serial numbers into config-AMD-GPU.plist then saving it as config.plist
This should only be done after a full bootable backup is made.

hey im having issue with my firewire card..

ive tried both the startech and vantec cards and both dont seem to show up in mojave 10.14.6

things ive tried:
ive plugged them into every available pciex port except pciex8 because my video card is there.
ive tried playing around with kext files in library extensions by copying the ones i have in macbook running el capitan
ive tried playing with firewirefix in clover configurator

am i missing something?... the closest i got, at one point, was to see the firewire card show up in the pci section of system information but it indicated missing drivers

any help would be appreciated
The Vantec apparently works only in the PCIe x8 slot:

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 2.23.33 PM.png

Sorry, I thought you'd moved to OpenCore 0.6.1...

I was getting this awhile back. Assuming everything was setup correctly (see post 1) in BIOS and your working EFI is setup correctly, reboot and tap away at the (F12 or Delete) key. Go to Boot settings in the BIOS and exclude boot options except for 1: Your main EFI and 2: Your USB stick recovery EFI. Next, save the correct BIOS settings to your #1 spot in the BIOS. Then select Save & Exit. As the machine reboots, tap away at the F12 key. Select the EFI partition of your OS drive for booting. Next, watch –use your arrow keys to change selection if needed– to make sure that OC is "highlighting" your OS Boot volume, and not another xxx.efi device. If everything has been setup correctly, your system should boot normally. On my system, if I clear NVRAM, I have to go into BIOS and reorder the Boot/EFI selection.

Trust but verify...

Back