Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I don't think reinstalling Mojave will fix this, but you can try. The existing CLOVER EFI can certainly be used to re-install Mojave.

Also try removing WhateverGreen.kext from CLOVER/kexts/Other. The RX580 is natively supported in Mojave so it's worth trying...
Nope I'm on high sierra now...
Remove that from Other and Library/extension too?

EDIT
Well, started the update, computer reboots, I choose install os at clover, apple loading then computer shut off and keep doing it if I turn it back on and try again

Last edited:
Nope I'm on high sierra now...
Remove that from Other and Library/extension too?

EDIT
Well, started the update, computer reboots, I choose install os at clover, apple loading then computer shut off and keep doing it if I turn it back on and try again
It would be much better to install Mojave from scratch on a spare SSD with Nvidia card physically removed from the system. Then you can follow the build guide from the beginning, but reuse existing serial numbers.

Also, you must keep a full backup of High Sierra. Don't take chances with your applications, licenses, and data!

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for few weeks and wanted to thank everyone working so hard in making everything work.

I need help with getting Thunderbolt Bus / Local Node

Hardware:

* CPU: i9 10850K
* GPU: Saphire 5700XT NITRO+
* RAM: 64GB GSKILL
* Motherboard/Laptop model:Gigabyte Vision G (z490)
* Wifi/BT Card: FENVI T919
* What guide/tool followed: OpenCore 6.1

* What part I got an issue with: THUNDERBOLT 3 ( Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge) Bought online with a Modified DROM for Mac/Hackintosh

What I really need is Thunderbolt BUS so that I can Connect to my QNAP TVS472XT like my regular MacBook Pro 16,

My Caldigit TS3 is working.

My Thunderbolt card shows up under thunderbolt In System Report (see Below) which I think indicates that Thunderbolt Bus is active.

I have also added the 2 SSDT's in the guide and modified the first using Option 1 on this same guide:

[https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1624#post-2086862)

Do you have any recommendations. I really need direct link to the NAS ASAP. As you can see the Hackintosh sees the device connected but does not actually initiate a connection to access the NAS.

Here is copy of what it look like in the system report.

Attachments

• DA3FBC3A-BA62-4EEA-82CC-A4DEE652CC93.jpeg
    DA3FBC3A-BA62-4EEA-82CC-A4DEE652CC93.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 45
It would be much better to install Mojave from scratch on a spare SSD with Nvidia card physically removed from the system. Then you can follow the build guide from the beginning, but reuse existing serial numbers.

Also, you must keep a full backup of High Sierra. Don't take chances with your applications, licenses, and data!
Sorry, now I’m a bit confused.
Let’s do this way: I unplugged any gpu from the mobo, just hdmi monitor from there. Can I update from high sierra to mojave or do I have to fresh install? I have a time machine backup

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for few weeks and wanted to thank everyone working so hard in making everything work.

I need help with getting Thunderbolt Bus / Local Node

Hardware:

* CPU: i9 10850K
* GPU: Saphire 5700XT NITRO+
* RAM: 64GB GSKILL
* Motherboard/Laptop model:Gigabyte Vision G (z490)
* Wifi/BT Card: FENVI T919
* What guide/tool followed: OpenCore 6.1

* What part I got an issue with: THUNDERBOLT 3 ( Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge) Bought online with a Modified DROM for Mac/Hackintosh

What I really need is Thunderbolt BUS so that I can Connect to my QNAP TVS472XT like my regular MacBook Pro 16,

My Caldigit TS3 is working.

My Thunderbolt card shows up under thunderbolt In System Report (see Below) which I think indicates that Thunderbolt Bus is active.

I have also added the 2 SSDT's in the guide and modified the first using Option 1 on this same guide:

[https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1624#post-2086862)

Do you have any recommendations. I really need direct link to the NAS ASAP. As you can see the Hackintosh sees the device connected but does not actually initiate a connection to access the NAS.

Here is copy of what it look like in the system report.
Hello @elmaginator,

Welcome to the forum. To better understand the Thunderbolt configuration, please download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.

Sorry, now I’m a bit confused.
Let’s do this way: I unplugged any gpu from the mobo, just hdmi monitor from there. Can I update from high sierra to mojave or do I have to fresh install? I have a time machine backup
You can try an update from High Sierra to Mojave, but you cannot use on-board HDMI port. It will give you a black screen. Instead, use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable and connect the USB-C side of the cable to either of the two Thunderbolt ports.

You can try an update from High Sierra to Mojave, but you cannot use on-board HDMI port. It will give you a black screen. Instead, use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable and connect the USB-C side of the cable to either of the two Thunderbolt ports.
With dp-tb adapter within the mobo pack?

Back