Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've tested on Dell U4919DW with displayport out of my rx 5700 xt, it's running flawlessly. I'd assume 580 should be good too.
Note that I didn't use the usbc on U4919DW and it does not support daisy chain, so keep that in mind.

Hey, do you mind sharing if you're able to run your 49" monitor in native resolution (5120x1440 HiDPI)? I'm using Samsung CRG9 with the same resolution, I connected it to Vega 56 card via DP but the real max resolution I could get is 3840x1080 though the system setting shows that I'm running 5120x1440. The texts are not crisp enough and I'm sure it's 1080p.

However, if I choose the default resolution (2560x720) I was able to get the real HiDPI view. Do you have any idea?

Is it possible to have a fresh installation of Catalina 10.15.6 from OpenCore 0.6.0 or I have to go thru Clover first? Thanks!
Of course you can!
Download macOS Catalina 10.15.6
Follow this apple page to create a bootable USB installer for Catalina
Download the attached EFI folder created by Casey
Customize your config.plist (from downloaded EFI folder) as you need (follow the guide, everything is well explained)
Mount EFI partition of your Catalina USB installer
Copy and past downloaded EFI folder with your custom config.plist inside the EFI partition of your Catalina USB installer
Boot your PC from Catalina USB installer
Install Catalina

Hey, do you mind sharing if you're able to run your 49" monitor in native resolution (5120x1440 HiDPI)? I'm using Samsung CRG9 with the same resolution, I connected it to Vega 56 card via DP but the real max resolution I could get is 3840x1080 though the system setting shows that I'm running 5120x1440. The texts are not crisp enough and I'm sure it's 1080p.

However, if I choose the default resolution (2560x720) I was able to get the real HiDPI view. Do you have any idea?
Try SwitchResX

I changed nothing but now i get this kernel panic. I'm completely sure about nothing has changed. Please see photo.
Please try this:
  • At OpenCore Picker, press spacebar and select Reset NVRAM
  • Now try to boot macOS
  • If it works, open “config.plist” in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshot of “NVRAM —> Delete” section.

thanks @yosoyoco, well is that a modified rom or the original? if modified, what has been altered? thanks
edit: ah i see, you modified a rom but without success.
how do you use the alpine ridge now - or are you using TR only?
Hi, in this rom I have only modified TI controller firmware. It works but it seems not better than the nvm33. Since everything works with the flashed Designare, I removed the alpine ridge.

I am still on most recent Mojave, the latest clover using OC Quirks, Virtual SMC.
Hi @c0c0p0ps - Im also on clover - I checked both our ssdts yesterday and found a few lines on yours that weren't in mine (ethernet wake string) - copied them into mine - theres a definite improvement on boot now - it did fail to sort up once but three boots in a row with no issues - so thanks - getting there - may not need to re flash...

Please try this:
  • At OpenCore Picker, press spacebar and select Reset NVRAM
  • Now try to boot macOS
  • If it works, open “config.plist” in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshot of “NVRAM —> Delete” section.
Yesterday i tried step 1 and step 2 and it did not work. I tried with exactly the same EFI but another SSD, system booted with no issue again. Later i connected "the unbootable SSD which i get kernel panic" to my real macbook pro to understand what is happening; i realized AFPS- Mac OS Data volume was unable to mount. I think data volume corrupted somehow. But there was no reason for this. I tried first aid and it failed too. I tried sudo mount on terminal it failed too. It seems like i will need formatting the drive and a fresh install.

Yesterday i tried step 1 and step 2 and it did not work. I tried with exactly the same EFI but another SSD, system booted with no issue again. Later i connected "the unbootable SSD which i get kernel panic" to my real macbook pro to understand what is happening; i realized AFPS- Mac OS Data volume was unable to mount. I think data volume corrupted somehow. But there was no reason for this. I tried first aid and it failed too. I tried sudo mount on terminal it failed too. It seems like i will need formatting the drive and a fresh install.
The kernel panic screenshot you posted says that your Data disk could not be mounted. So unfortunately it may be corrupted. Did you make a backup?

Back