Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Mojave should be installed with Clover. One can always replace Clover with OpenCore in the future.

yeah I made everything as good as I can 1:1 from your guide.
started installing today
success today (yaaay thank you for your guide)
flashed the TB rom with pi3b ez pz
installed everything
to see if all works i need to install my programms
but im allready on the desktop =D

started to try my old Lacie 2big TB1 external HDD:
this thing works but it shows as an internal drive (grey drive icon not the yellow and I need to enable "see hdd drives" to see it)
yeah everything good

and than i installed the UAD software for my UAD Apollo Twin mk1 TB1 (the silver one)
plugged in doesn't recognise it.
in the system information under thunderbolt I can see booth
2big
UAD Apollo

if I switch them up on the TB input on the mobo it recognises the Apollo but than not the lacie 2big XD
(but I can already say UAD Apollo Twin mk1 tb1 Silver and Lacie 2big TB1 works on flashed designare z390 with apple thunderbolt 3->2 adapter but not booth together ^_^)
the input where it got recognised is on the bottom one the one closer to the audio I/O

i dont know how to find a solution bc here are allready over 2100 sites XD

started installing today
installed everything

this thing works but it shows as an internal drive (grey drive icon not the yellow and I need to enable "see hdd drives" to see it)
yeah everything good

and than i installed the UAD software for my UAD Apollo Twin mk1 TB1 (the silver one)
2big
UAD Apollo

if I switch them up on the TB input on the mobo it recognises the Apollo but than not the lacie 2big XD
(but I can already say UAD Apollo Twin mk1 tb1 Silver and Lacie 2big TB1 works on flashed designare z390 with apple thunderbolt 3->2 adapter but not booth together ^_^)
the input where it got recognised is on the bottom one the one closer to the audio I/O

show your ACPI and Kexts folders please

started installing today
installed everything

yeah everything good

2big
UAD Apollo

Glad to hear it and congratulations on flashing the Thunderbolt firmware! "ez pz" -- now you see it's not really so bad.

Have you also followed the Thunderbolt DROM Mini-Guide to activate Thunderbolt switch?

Finally, have you tried the following:
  • Boot system with or without Thunderbolt devices attached
  • If no Thunderbolt devices are connected, connect them both now
  • Then reboot (this is a 'warm' reboot)
  • Do both devices work?

Glad to hear it and congratulations on flashing the Thunderbolt firmware! "ez pz" -- now you see it's not really so bad.

Have you also followed the Thunderbolt DROM Mini-Guide to activate Thunderbolt switch?

Finally, have you tried the following:
  • Boot system with or without Thunderbolt devices attached
  • If no Thunderbolt devices are connected, connect them both now
  • Then reboot (this is a 'warm' reboot)
  • Do both devices work?
haha I asked him his folders to see if he's using Thundebolt Port 7 with IUD or not

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 01.59.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 01.59.09.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 69

yes for the flashing i was lil bit nervous XD but it worked out in the first attempt without damaging my mobo.
i hone done a lil bit of the side at the clip so it dont touch/break the near parts (i read that someone broke his mobo bc his clip touched the nearest part and broke it without knowing it)

for the tb part
i need to tell the thruth that i didnt understand the DROM mini guide so well
so i didnt know what and where to start or to do
BUT ^_^
on the attached file it says the same port number like on the end of the DROM guide :-/
(attached a screenshot)

Edit: warm boot also didnt work
only bottom port works it doesnt matter which device i plug in (UAD or Lacie)
if its on the bottom one it works ^_^

Edit2: oh forget to say that im on 10.14.6 Mojave

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 02.02.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 02.02.37.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
what is your macOS version? for Catalina 10.15.4 and newer you must follow this guide

You MUST use May 2020 Update - Catalina 10.15.4 Fresh Install.zip from that post,
and use this script to generate your Thunderbolt DROM with UID.
from May 2020 Update ACPI folder delete "SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4" and put the new generated .aml file there

File to delete:
File to delete

what is your macOS version? for Catalina 10.15.4 and newer you must follow this guide

You MUST use May 2020 Update - Catalina 10.15.4 Fresh Install.zip from that post,
and use this script to generate your Thunderbolt DROM with UID.
from Ma 2020 Update ACPI folder delete "SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4" and put the new generated .aml file there

im on mojave 10.14.6
for my stuff i cant go with catalina (music producer, cat is not stable enough for all plugins that i use yet)

im on mojave 10.14.6
for my stuff i cant go with catalina (music producer, cat is not stable enough for all plugins that i use yet)
Im music producer with Apollo TWIN, which plugins you think are not stable enough?
I'm using UAD plugins, Waves, iZotope, Soundtoys, Native Instruments, Steinberg, Synapse, Serum, Sylenth1... everything working perfectly

Im music producer with Apollo TWIN, which plugins you think are not stable enough?
I'm using UAD plugins, Waves, iZotope, Soundtoys, Native Instruments, Serum, Sylenth1, everything working perfectly

i still hear and get told dont update to cat if you dont want to have problems with some plugs or programms xD
so i decided to stay on mojave
Ableton , Studio One
Uad , izo , korg , spectrasonics , NI , Serum and some other fx plugs

is the problem in the mojave hacki install ?

Back