Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

** Gigabyte Beta BIOS F9g **

Thanks again to @nightmac for informing us of BIOS F9g and in particular the option to enable or disable CFG-LOCK (MSR 0xE2). Although F9g is still in beta, it is digitally signed by Gigabyte and appears safe to use. After installing it this morning I found that CFG-LOCK is actually disabled by default. How nice.

Just tried, everything seems ok, cfg unlocked as expected

Attached is ACPI files and two Tblog.txt, filled out descriptions at line 1.

EDIT: I'll also attach 2 screens from ioreg when switching another TB device through tb3 port 1&2, also loads properly w hotplug as long as it's been powered on once from boot.

Why don't i see the PEGP part in my ioreg, like for example @djlild7hina does? Could that be of some issue? Cause my SSDT adds it as a DeviceObj.

Huge thanks for taking your time!
Several comments:
  • SSDT-RX5700.aml is not being loaded due to an ACPI name conflict. PC02.BR2A.GFX0/HDAU are not being inserted corrected perhaps because a preexisting device needs to be removed. Probably better to remove this file for the time being.
  • SSDT-TB3.aml is the standard hot-plug SSDT originally provided by KGP. This version does not activate Thunderbolt Bus.

Sorry, for the ASUS EX 3, how does one determine if a board is Rev B or Rev C? Mine is labelled "Rev 1.00" on the PCB

Thank you!
That's a good question -- I think the surest way is to extract the Thunderbolt firmware and check the NVM version located at byte offset 0x0A from the start of the active partition. If unsure what that means, just extract the firmware and upload.

Rev B boards ship with NVM 18
Rev C boards ship with NVM 26

Last edited:
I'm desperately trying to get Quicksync / IGPU working with this and other guides, but to no avail. Would be super grateful for some input before I've pulled all my hair out.

I'm on a 9900K, so presumably a UHD-630? And a RX Vega 64 is dgpu.

• I've followed your full installation guide.
• I've followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#Headless.
• Internal Graphics is Enabled in Bios.
• I have the latest version of Lilu (1.4.4) and WEG (1.3.9) installed.

Since the Hackintool application has changed a bit since these guides, it helps to confuse things for me.

PNG #1
"Intel CPU Generation" is listed as "???", which should be part of what I need to fix, right? As well as "Metal Headless", which should say "Yes" I suppose? I don't understand how to do this.

PNG #2
I'm supposed to make the "Current Framebuffer" be replaced by the "Selected Framebuffer, right? How do I do that? As far as I can tell I've set the "Intel Generation" in the left corner manually to Coffee Lake, and the "Platform-ID" to 0x3E980003. Is this correct? Why is Hackintool still not recognising it?

PNG #3 VRAM tab

PNG #4 Frambuffer tab

PNG #5 Connectors Tab

PNG #6 When I apply your Patch settings, it seems no actual input is added?

I've attached Config.plist and IOReg as well. I cannot see the iGPU showing up in the ioreg-file.

Thanks for any help!
Please rename and try attached version. In your original version the iGPU device ID was being faked to 0x12345678 in Clover Configurator --> Devices.

Attachments

• config-Ponkass.plist
    9 KB · Views: 65
@CaseySJ Some 1000 new pages since my last visit! :clap: My hack was running smoothly, and with work piling up and there were to many posts to follow I stopped reading. But I had 10.15.4 waiting, so I started reading again. I read about the MSR unlock, but figured I'll try first without. Update went smoothly until the bless support program 'error'.

Even-tough my hack seemed to have updated to 10.15.4, I still had a macOS Install icon when starting up. So I did the MSR unlock. I had to combine 3 posts, because I didn't want to do a fresh install. All went well, again thanks to the great guides. But I still have the macOS Install icon. Clicking on this didn't help because the update package is already deleted. Should I download the 10.15.4 update (or combo) from Apple and run it again?
Correct. This is the only procedure that worked for me.

Please rename and try attached version. In your original version the iGPU device ID was being faked to 0x12345678 in Clover Configurator --> Devices.

Thanks for the fast reply. No change unfortunately. :roll2:

no_hardware.png

That's a good question -- I think the surest way is to extract the Thunderbolt firmware and check the NVM version located a byte offset 0x0A from the start of the active partition. If unsure what that means, just extract the firmware and upload.

Rev B boards ship with NVM 18
Rev C boards ship with NVM 26

Thanks! I'm waiting on a Raspberry Pi 4 to arrive on Wedensday. Will report back. Will see if I can figure out the offset 0x0A.

Hi @CaseySJ,
Why we do not remove VirtualSmc.efi because it is a part of OpenRuntime?. I also think slide=0 conflicts with the OcQuirks fixes
At the time the guide was written it wasn't immediately clear to me that VirtualSmc.efi is really only for FileVault. Regarding slide=0, you may try with and without to see if the system boots either way.

Back