Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sorry dumb question. I’m not using anything to do with darkwake (I’m guessing as I’ve disabled power nap I have no darkwake settings enabled, right?), however without any of your new above kexts, I’m able to wake the pc with a single keyboard press on my Apple Bluetooth keyboard, with both my screens turning on.

Is the above therefore something I need to do?​

@CaseySJ In my case I also have PowerNap off, Apple Magic Keyboard (I have it plugged in but it works when asleep as well) and haven't set a darkwake boot flag, and I can just press one key and the monitor comes on just fine (I had to disable my iGPU due to it causing issues with my monitor).

I switched back to Fenvi Bluetooth, FYI.

Sorry, going( price). I meant what are the costs of each ?
Oh I see it so it goes like this i5 9600k: R$1800 / i7 9700f: R$2050 / i7 9700kf: R$2299 / i7 9700: R$2450 / i7 9700k: R$2700
To know the price in dollar divide for 5,64

Oh I see it so it goes like this i5 9600k: R$1800 / i7 9700f: R$2050 / i7 9700kf: R$2299 / i7 9700: R$2450 / i7 9700k: R$2700
To know the price in dollar divide for 5,64
So the i7 9700Kf is about $408 USD where you're located. In USA a bit less @ $380 usd

@CaseySJ

What I'm getting constantly is upon starting up my system, it takes 3 clicks - off/ then on for the system finally to start booting. Nothing is effected just the extended 10s wait and I feel it could be potentially hard on my gpu/cpu
Does this sound familiar to you? It sounds like potentially the Psu BUT It's New however and is a corsair RM 850w gold so no problem re: a struggle here.I've used it before without incident.
Funny thing is I was building a Window machine last week and the same thing occurred. I tried a different cable to psu and the only other thing may be that the surge bar is connected by a 16 awg extension cord to the wall socket?
Does this problem ("3 clicks - off/ then on") happen only when the system is cold booted? Cold booting means turning off PSU or pulling power plug from the wall or turning off the Surge Bar. But if the system is warm-booted, do you still experience this?

This is mostly a fortunate happenstance that partial recognition is possible without anything connected to Vcc. But the rule of thumb is:
  • If using our own power on Pin 8 to read and write the chip, LEDs should be dim red color.
  • If using PSU to power the chip (and we disconnect Pin 8), LEDs should be bright yellow for full contact with clip.

Apparently I've been very fortunate because I've flashed two Designare TB chips with an RPI4 and in both cases I've disconnected the power cord AND disconnected Pin 8. Of course both times it took multiple attempts to get the chip recognized to flash.

This is an excellent explanation of the options, and I've learned some more nuggets from @CaseySJ.

@CaseySJ - oh no, I’m not sure what I did but now every time I try to boot Mac, backup SSD or the installer, I’m getting an Apple logo and it just stays there. I can’t see anything else. I was trying to do the intel mini guide, 1 click wakeand also the intel Bluetooth. I can’t even go to the usb install screen.
Do you know what might be the issue?

I didn’t change any BIOS settings so I’m extremely confused on what might be going on. Also the MSR is still correct at 0x0

Last edited:
Does this problem ("3 clicks - off/ then on") happen only when the system is cold booted? Cold booting means turning off PSU or pulling power plug from the wall or turning off the Surge Bar. But if the system is warm-booted, do you still experience this?
Exactly! :clap: Only when cold booted.

Hi @CaseySJ, thank you for what you're doing!
Thank you, everyone else, for helping.

I am not a programmer or a person who understands it well. I just bought the components and install MacOS.
I have an Antelope Audio Orion+ Gen3 sound card how to make it work on TB?

I found information about:
Thunderbolt Local Node and Thunderbolt Bus

Thank you!

@CaseySJ - oh no, I’m not sure what I did but now every time I try to boot Mac, backup SSD or the installer, I’m getting an Apple logo and it just stays there. I can’t see anything else. I was trying to do the intel mini guide, 1 click wakeand also the intel Bluetooth. I can’t even go to the usb install screen.

I didn’t change any BIOS settings so I’m extremely confused on what might be going on. Also the MSR is still correct at 0x0
During your Clover screen hit the spacebar and select Verbose, you'll want to arrow down to the Verbose option and hit Space bar to select it. Then boot and look at the screen messages to see where (and hopefully why) your boot is stalling out.

Can you boot from a backup disk? If you copied your EFI folder to a USB flash disk, you may also use that to boot. Also try enabling verbose. In Clover we can just press Spacebar and toggle "Verbose". Not so easy in OpenCore.

Back