Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If the drive or the USB-C cable only supports USB 2.0, then it will not work because we're disabled USB 2.x on all of the USB-C ports. Only USB 3.x devices using USB-C USB 3.x cables will work.

Note that most USB-C cables only support USB 2. We have to carefully search for a USB-C cable that supports USB 3. Here is one example. We can also use a Thunderbolt 3 cable.
Ok noted so i swap my cab
perhaps, I encountered the same problem, my solution is boot from MAC(your installed drive name) first, then it shows remaining 13 minutes, but actually just a second it restart, back on the clover boots screen then to click boot from reboot to leave it finish the processing, you can see the installation process bar continue to go until end and restart. then back on the clover screen and click boot from Mac, done!
Thanks for your help, but i finally find that i have to unplug my msi gpu and install with IGPU and reinstall my gpu after the install. But it work know.

If the drive or the USB-C cable only supports USB 2.0, then it will not work because we're disabled USB 2.x on all of the USB-C ports. Only USB 3.x devices using USB-C USB 3.x cables will work.

Note that most USB-C cables only support USB 2. We have to carefully search for a USB-C cable that supports USB 3. Here is one example. We can also use a Thunderbolt 3 cable.
Ok noted thanks. A other thing...in your guide you say to not log in on icloud but after install is done and hackintosh working is it ok? Maybe a silly question i prefere asking it as it was a important mention in your guide.

Does anybody have Thunderbolt 3 working from the main Z390 board (a stable/solid solution) for UAD Apollo (or similar) with OpenCore?

Last edited:
Ok noted thanks. A other thing...in your guide you say to not log in on icloud but after install is done and hackintosh working is it ok? Maybe a silly question i prefere asking it as it was a important mention in your guide.
Yes, this is done intentionally in case the SMBIOS serial numbers are different during installation and after post-installation. Signing in to iCloud has the effect of registering your serial number, so we should do that only when we’ve assigned the final serial numbers to the build.

Yes, this is done intentionally in case the SMBIOS serial numbers are different during installation and after post-installation. Signing in to iCloud has the effect of registering your serial number, so we should do that only when we’ve assigned the final serial numbers to the build.
Thanks for your time and help. Have a great day!

Does anybody have Thunderbolt 3 working from the main Z390 board (a stable/solid solution) for UAD Apollo (or similar) with OpenCore?
If you use the OpenCore Mini-Guide for this system, then Thunderbolt should work just fine with UAD devices connected to either of the two on-board Thunderbolt ports.

Try this anyways. SSDT and Kext. Just testing a theory. It's the wake fix but I want to see if a shared GPE is an issue and this would solve that.

Also I'm not anywhere near knowledgable but really love just going for it.

I am wondering if we should move our testing to another post and get out of @CaseySJ build thread. Since for the most part our discussion is between me and you with little to no interjection from any one else.

I am wondering if we should move our testing to another post and get out of @CaseySJ build thread. Since for the most part our discussion is between me and you with little to no interjection from any one else.
Good idea. This thread is getting hard to follow with not only you but other sub topics. Let me know if you want me to move any posts to a new thread(s).

Good idea. This thread is getting hard to follow with not only you but other sub topics. Let me know if you want me to move any posts to a new thread(s).

I made a post in Hardware it looked like it posted but I can not find it maybe you can see if the system deleted it for some reason. I think that post covered everything that was here..

Yes Please!

Back