Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ - is there a way to find what the firmware is? I've checked the box the TR came in, not on there. Is it on the TR card?

@CaseySJ - is there a way to find what the firmware is? I've checked the box the TR came in, not on there. Is it on the TR card?
We have to read the flash ROM chip to determine the firmware version. Not sure if we can do this in Windows.

We have to read the flash ROM chip to determine the firmware version. Not sure if we can do this in Windows.
Will be ordering the hardware. Will ask many more questions

@CaseySJ ThunderboltConfig Property in SSDT.

But like I said and you already seen yourself meanwhile, the slot is not irrelevant for the Titan Ridge PCIe.

@qthegaijin

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 23.35.31 (1).png

When USB ports start acting oddly this is what I try first :
Disconnect the electricity power to the PSU.
Press and hold the ON button for 30 secs then release.
Reconnect power and test.

Unfortunately, the loss of high current charging happens often. Also, I have weirdness with my copy protection hardware connected via USB every now and then. So, USB is not properly fixed.
I have been using USBInjectAll.kext, SSDT-EC.aml. I had an exclude port list at some point, don't see that now.

Is this deprecated? Is there a better method?

@CaseySJ ThunderboltConfig Property in SSDT.

But like I said and you already seen yourself meanwhile, the slot is not irrelevant for the Titan Ridge PCIe.
We’re currently copying-and-pasting ThunderboltConfig from an iMac19,1 and MacBookPro15,2, and modifying the last 4 bytes. The last 4 bytes seem to represent USB-C port numbers, but we haven’t deciphered the remaining bytes.

Have you determined the meaning of the remaining bytes?

The NVM version can be identified in Windows. See attached.

Attachments

• Windows10Thunderbolt.png
    Windows10Thunderbolt.png
    47 KB · Views: 93
Hi. I've been using this brilliant guide to install 10.15.3 on my Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi system and everything works fantastically well apart from sleep. Only the computer wakes whilst the screen (4k Samsung 24 inch) remains in standby. I'm using SMBIOS 19.1 with a Vega 56 and Intel UHD630 in headless mode through a display port. All USB ports are mapped, limited to 15 and are working correctly.

After much research, I've tried various different boot settings and other fixes to no avail and appreciate sleeps problems are difficult to diagnose but would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

Have attached Clover folder and screenshot of power properties from Hackintool. Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 14.45.05.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 14.45.05.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 73
Which version of Clover is currently installed? At the Clover Boot Menu the version should appear at the bottom of the screen, but if not just press F1.

I'm running Clover 5104.

Turns out I had some missing drivers from Clover. I may have neglected to copy them over when changing the clover folder from drivers-64 to drivers. I re-added the following to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI:

AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
PartitionDxe.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

I don't know which of these I really need, although I suspect it's AudioDxe-64.efi that has helped with the shutdown issues. Either way the system isn't crashing anymore.

Now, when I boot the system I still get the strange Horizontal lines graphics issue, but if I pull out the HDMI cable after login, then plug it back in, dual monitors are working 100%. I'm using the config you provided me Casey.

Back