Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Running it from the motherboard's HDMI caused some sort of panic. It also seems that I need to reconfigure my BIOS settings now as they have been set back to stock again.

Here's a screenshot of the final screen.

These ACPI errors are really peculiar. What is the make/model of the Mojave internal SSD?

Did you say that you already re-flashed the BIOS?
I haven't flashed my BIOS as it came with version F4.

I did reset my CMOS yesterday, though.

EDIT- my SSD is

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)

So Install went pretty ok, without any single problem. After welcome screen and filled the usual stuff.... i tried shutdown even before post-install process:

It doesn't work! Computer restarts instead of shutting down.... So I think my problems are not related to Clover post install don't you think? (or maybe yes)

@jdapolo what's your BIOS version?

So Install went pretty ok, without any single problem. After welcome screen and filled the usual stuff.... i tried shutdown even before post-install process:

It doesn't work! Computer restarts instead of shutting down.... So I think my problems are not related to Clover post install don't you think? (or maybe yes)

@jdapolo what's your BIOS version?
Post-Installation has to be done first. Then see if shutdown / sleep / reboot still work.

I haven't flashed my BIOS as it came with version F4.

I did reset my CMOS yesterday, though.

EDIT- my SSD is

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)
BIOS F4 is okay; latest version is F6c. But it's more important to set BIOS parameters correctly. We always start by choosing: "Save and Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults" and then we make changes.

BIOS F4 is okay; latest version is F6c. But it's more important to set BIOS parameters correctly. We always start by choosing: "Save and Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults" and then we make changes.
Just to double check, I loaded the optimized defaults, made the changes in the guide, and retried using the PCIe graphics card enabled and plugged into the monitor. I got this result:

Post install complete.

After post-inStall, to boot Mojave i need to remove inject Intel. Shutdown or sleep does still not work!

But found something really interesting:

It does not work either on Windows! So there's some kind of conflict, or BIOS settings or BIOS version. I'll try to revert BIOS version to see if there's any change.

@CaseySJ , thank you so much for such an informative guide!

I'm getting Z390 Designare as a replacement for my Z77x-up5th mb which has recently failed. I would like to get your suggestion on the following.

My setup (from the failed motherboard above) has High Sierra installed and since the chances are very less that after pressing the power button the system will come up, I'm planning to use the Clover on the USB (created High Sierra USB using multibeast about a year ago to always have current installation just in case ...) to boot up with intention to start up my current SSD which has the actual High Sierra install.

The trick though is that I do not have any "working" installation at this point in time where I could use Clover Configurator. I found a way on how to mount the EFI on Windows 10 to make changes to the partition.

The question is - I'm trying to minimize manual changes done to the EFI in Windows. What would those minimal changes be to the EFI partition in order to just boot up from the USB and start my current High Sierra on the SSD? The goal here to get to Clover Configurator on my current High Sierra install ASAP to continue adjusting the rest of the settings with minimum manual edits to plist file in Windows 10 environment.

Would really appreciate your help!

Just to double check, I loaded the optimized defaults, made the changes in the guide, and retried using the PCIe graphics card enabled and plugged into the monitor. I got this result:

View attachment 384988View attachment 384987
Follow up. Just tried loading the optimized defaults, making the changes in the guide except I set the graphics to IGFX. I have this screen now.

Back