Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is it possible to create an SSDT that activates all USB ports but what also keeps the intel CNVi bluetooth module working? BTW, as long as the Intel CNVi is working (so without the ssdt disabling it), sleep is not working. Is this normal?
Please see Post #1383 above.

I suspect that any .dsl files intended for the ACPI patched folder need to be compiled, but Im not finding the tool or process to accomplish this.

Hey @CaseySJ, Thanks for taking a look at this.
I did as you suggested, but now the Intel 630 is missing. Attached is a screenshot of the System report screen I see now, as well as the contents of my /Library/Extensions.

I installed the kexts with kext beast and used kext utility to rebuild caches.
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext?? Did that auto-migrate from High Sierra?

Hello again. This afternoon I have decided to start from the scratch a new install on a second m.2 disk. This way I could try different setup, without destroying what I have already on my first m.2 drive.

So decided to create a brand new USB Install disk, following @CaseySJ guide, but this time using new Multibeast 9.1.0 (that has updated clover 4862) and also Mac OS 10.14.3

Everything went perfectly ok until the end of fase 2 install. But on first boot, (still using USB Install to enter clover) I get stuck in the final part, with the information: 'Waiting for remote debugger connection' - Please see picture attached.

Does anyone knows ho to solve this?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0395b.jpg
    IMG_0395b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Hello again. This afternoon I have decided to start from the scratch a new install on a second m.2 disk. This way I could try different setup, without destroying what I have already on my first m.2 drive.

So decided to create a brand new USB Install disk, following @CaseySJ guide, but this time using new Multibeast 9.1.0 (that has updated clover 4862) and also Mac OS 10.14.3

Everything went perfectly ok until the end of fase 2 install. But on first boot, (still using USB Install to enter clover) I get stuck in the final part, with the information: 'Waiting for remote debugger connection' - Please see picture attached.

Does anyone knows ho to solve this?

Thanks
We know that MacOS Installer will reboot the system 3 times during installation:
  1. First reboot will occur suddenly after running Disk Utility, formatting the Mojave SSD, and beginning the installation.
  2. Second reboot will also occur suddenly when the Installer says "30 Minutes Remaining" or "15 Minutes Remaining".
  3. Third and final reboot will be a graceful reboot -- the Installer will actually notify you and provide a 5 second countdown.
When the 1st and 2nd reboots happen, the system can either freeze, reboot, or throw a kernel panic. The screenshot you posted shows a kernel panic being thrown.

So if the kernel panic occurred during the 2nd reboot, it is nothing to worry about. We just have to manually reboot the machine, press F12 at BIOS, choose to boot from USB flash disk, and select "Boot macOS Install from Mojave".

Then you should get to step 3.

You may download MaciASL from here:

It's a really good tool with syntax coloring, assembly and disassembly, patching capability, etc. No separate compilers or decompilers needed; this does it all.

Thanks @CaseySJ, for your guide, my suspicion, the replacement file in the Fractal Design R6 Zip needs to be renamed. Best I can tell the replacement file has no extension, in my case I renamed the file without extension to .aml, on reboot it seems to be picking things up.

Thanks @CaseySJ, for your guide, my suspicion, the replacement file in the Fractal Design R6 Zip needs to be renamed. Best I can tell the replacement file has no extension, in my case I renamed the file without extension to .aml, on reboot it seems to be picking things up.

You did unzip that file for the Fractal R6 before you tried dropping it into your SSDT folder right?

You did unzip that file for the Fractal R6 before you tried dropping it into your SSDT folder right?
yes, there are 3 files in the zip, the port info PDF, a *.dsl file, and a file without extension. I've renamed the file without extension to *.aml and used it to replace @CaseySJ's SSDT file. The file without extension looked 90% similar to the replaced file. The *.dsl file would need to be compiled???

Back