Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Well, for me if I get rid of it the boot stuck on "couldn't allocate runtime area error", so, for me it was absolutelly necessary.

But maybe it’s wise to figure out what exactly caused this error and to fix hardware issues properly?

Seems that I have found the most appropriate audio layout id for Designare. Please check this post:

Please check this post for full list of audio layout-id's:

I've tried 16 and 1 before, trying 11 now. I only really care about the front headphone jack, so focused on that. On layout 16 it works but the system doesn't detect headphones (keeps saying built-in speakers). Detection (and sound) works on both layout 1 and 11. I don't have a toslink cable to try the digital out with, but will try a microphone later on.

Hey guys, just letting you know that my random freeze after 5 or so minutes has stopped. I have even rebooted several times and still no issues with it. I did not do anything with my WEG settings and am using WEG 1.3.5. I am uncertain to why it has now just rectified itself. (or seems to be rectified) Just on another topic, I see people talking about Audio Layout ID's, I cannot see in my Clover Configurator settings where this would be and any advice on what I should be using for my Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme motherboard? Although the only issue I currently see is I have no Volume control for (Digital Optical Out, or when I am just using the audio out to my display (via Display Port)) Any ideas?

I will update on the random freeze after 5 mins if it re-occurs

Hey guys, just letting you know that my random freeze after 5 or so minutes has stopped. I have even rebooted several times and still no issues with it. I did not do anything with my WEG settings and am using WEG 1.3.5. I am uncertain to why it has now just rectified itself. (or seems to be rectified) Just on another topic, I see people talking about Audio Layout ID's, I cannot see in my Clover Configurator settings where this would be and any advice on what I should be using for my Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme motherboard? Although the only issue I currently see is I have no Volume control for (Digital Optical Out, or when I am just using the audio out to my display (via Display Port)) Any ideas?

Audio Layout ID can be specified in one of these 3 places:
  • Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Audio Inject.
    • The pop-up has the choices Yes, No, <blank>.
      • Clear out current value and enter layout ID there.
    • This is least recommended of the 3 options.
  • Clover Configurator --> Boot --> Boot Arguments.
    • Add boot option alcid=x where x is Layout ID.
    • This is an AppleALC configuration parameter.
    • This is a good option.
  • Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Properties.
    • On left side, select PCIe path of the audio device (usually first one in the list).
    • Then on right you'll see a list of assigned properties, which include device name, device location, and Layout ID.
    • Layout ID is specified in hexadecimal reverse byte order as a 4 byte word. So decimal 16 is hex 00000010, but reversing the bytes gives us 10000000.
    • I prefer this option because it consolidates all audio related parameters in one place.

Last edited:
Hi @Lukey1979 I noticed you're also using the Xtreme mobo. What do you use for your USB mapping? (ie USBInjectAll kext etc?) Somebody suggested that the issue I have with my Fenvi T919 is a USB port mapping issue so I'm trying to figure out what may be wrong with mine from other Xtreme mobo users. Thanks!

Hi Casey, long time no see, hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas.

I had this little issue that wasn't really annoying but now it has become something that I need to look into.

Got some audio dropouts here and there, with the usb connection which it seems to be overloading.

I looked into console and I got this, maybe you can help me figure out because I don't have this problem on Windows.

From time to time audio goes out for a millisecond, little glitches, and sometimes I have to restart completely the sound card

Still on 10.14.3

Clover Kext

System Extensions

Standard install from last time, always had this issue, no modification to clover, SSDTs or kexts, maybe you have an idea.

If anyone is still on Mojave and has also audio issues, I solved them by updating all kexts and OS to 10.14.6, removed the Vega 64 Fan Fix and adjusted my config.plist according to @CaseySJ mini guide. I'm on iMac Pro 1,1 iGpu disabled.

Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 13.42.58.jpg

As mentioned, my iHackPro built with this guide almost works like a charm, however there are a few issues and success stories I'd like to give/recieve feedback.
  • Had the rest of my sleep/wake problems fixed by using the DP connector 1 on my Vega 56 and setting the RAM Clock to 2666. (big thanks to all the contributers!)

• My Saffire Pro40 Firewire Audio Interface (tb3 into apple tb3<->tb2 adapter into apple tb2<->fw adapter) is working without any troubles (so far) with latest Saffire MixControl (v3.9).
    Don't know about hot plugging since I don't do that with this particular device.

• On the other hand my WD "MyBook Thunderbolt Duo" (tb2) does not work with the apple adapter.
    Did anybody get this or a similar drive to work with this build or can point me into the right direction?

• Also I am confronted with a weird ?bug in clover bootloader, while the mac seems to work fine, all the text in the bootloader menu is gone. No more labels, no more text in the boot-menu.
    While this is no problem at this time, it could become one when stuff breaks I suppose. Did anybody else experience similar issues?

Thank you !

My Saffire Pro40 Firewire Audio Interface (tb3 into apple tb3<->tb2 adapter into apple tb2<->fw adapter) is working without any troubles (so far) with latest Saffire MixControl (v3.9).
Don't know about hot plugging since I don't do that with this particular device.

What TB3 TB2 adapter you are using?

Back