Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

No need to pull that out as long as you have the Custom USB SSDT (filename starts with SSDT-UIAC-...) installed in CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder because that SSDT disables the internal WiFi/Bluetooth card. Without that SSDT, the real Bluetooth card will not activate.
Ok pulled the card and it didn't fix the bluetooth.
I most definitely have the USB SSDT loaded. The wifi module works on the PCIE card, just not the Bluetooth.
I have the 2 lead power cable from the wifi/BT Module plugged into the proper F_USB header and have tried
flipping the connector to make sure it's getting power. At this point I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Ok pulled the card and it didn't fix the bluetooth.
I most definitely have the USB SSDT loaded. The wifi module works on the PCIE card, just not the Bluetooth.
I have the 2 lead power cable from the wifi/BT Module plugged into the proper F_USB header and have tried
flipping the connector to make sure it's getting power. At this point I'm stumped.
2 leads only? For +5V and GND? What about the other 2 pins for DATA?

Bluetooth is not just looking for power. It's looking for a USB 2.0 data connection so it can communicate with the system over USB.

WiFi communicates over PCIe.
Bluetooth communicates over USB.

Bluetooth Cable.png

2 leads only? For +5V and GND? What about the other 2 pins for DATA?

Bluetooth is not just looking for power. It's looking for a USB 2.0 data connection so it can communicate with the system over USB.

WiFi communicates over PCIe.
Bluetooth communicates over USB.

View attachment 383299
Yes my trusty old "www.osxwifi.com" card only has 2 leads for Bluetooth power. It's worked perfectly in my past 2 Hackintosh builds. If you tell me it's NG for this rig I'll order your suggested card & module right now.

Attachments

• IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 95
Yes my trusty old "www.osxwifi.com" card only has 2 leads for Bluetooth power. It's worked perfectly in my past 2 Hackintosh builds. If you tell me it's NG for this rig I'll order your suggested card & module right now.
I see; let me check the specs on that shortly.

I installed the Mojave from the scratch today and when I boot it from the disk I noticed that I have files in the Trash that were deleted in the previous version. Also the settings in clover config are exactly the same as on previous build.

Did I miss something?

I used your links to order (thanks!), Mojave sees the bluetooth and wifi natively. Perhaps I received different antenna connections, the pci-e adapter card had either the MHF3 or MHF2 connectors on the antenna cables, the mhf4 is the antenna connection on the received broadcom card. Coax connector pictures...

View attachment 382763

I was hoping to power the bluetooth without loosing the front USB ports, maybe a splitter or something exists, if anyone has ideas please let me know.

I'm going to order these cables, will report back when they arrive.... (my luck the external connections will differ, but I don't think so
2pcs Ipex U.fl/ipex to Rp-sma Female Pigtail 19cm for Mini Pcie Wifi Mhf4

@CaseySJ - wifi & bluetooth updates - the bad news, mhf4 connectors are a b!tch to connect one will swear there isn't a real connector to connect with, the good news with patience they connected and worked. Not sure if you want to add any informational elements to the build info that for others might benefit from.

Watching/testing bluetooth, initially sound was cutting out here with airpods running through the card antennas vs the designare antenna.

wifi, wifi-calling, continuity, connection to AirPods with pairing and all of the goodness of the ecosystem seem to be operating.

This seems to a common problem with Sapphire Pulse cards, and it may be due to newer firmware (called VBIOS) on those cards. When you changed Initial Display Output to IGFX, only the IGFX will show BIOS and Clover screens. But when Mojave is nearly finished with the boot process, it will find and activate the RX 580 as well. So your HDMI on RX 580 will work once Mojave is booted.

However, it seems you want to change Initial Display Output to PCIe Slot 1 and use RX 580 as the primary video card. In this case your HDMI output will be blank until Mojave starts.

@Lensjocky has been trying to fix the same problem. He enabled CSM in BIOS -- so you can try that as well. Follow his posts right here above and below this one.

I don't think DisplayPort will help, but you're welcome to try.

As mentioned, please follow the posts by @Lensjocky right here...

For what its worth, my build includes the Sapphire Nitro+ RX590, similar next gen card, no noticeable issues at boot or in Mac OS. Video has been very stable.

• The two data pins on the USB cable should either attach to the two pins in the lower red box or the two pins in the upper yellow box.
  • The upper and lower rows constitute 2 different USB ports, HS11 and HS12, but I don't know which one is top row and which is bottom row.
  • I believe we have disabled HS12 from the custom USB SSDT. So one of the two rows will not function, but this is easy to fix. We can easily enable either or both ports with a modification to the SSDT.
  • Can your Bluetooth cable fit on either the top or bottom row?
  • P.S. Computer should be shut down and unplugged from the wall when inserting or removing USB cables in the motherboard USB headers.
USB2 Pins.png

Last edited:
For what its worth, my build includes the Sapphire Nitro+ RX590, similar next gen card, no noticeable issues at boot or in Mac OS. Video has been very stable.
With HDMI or DisplayPort cable connected to the RX590 (no video cable connected to motherboard) and Initial Display Output set to PCIe Slot 1 (or 2), you can see BIOS and Clover on your monitor without any problem?

@CaseySJ - wifi & bluetooth updates - the bad news, mhf4 connectors are a b!tch to connect one will swear there isn't a real connector to connect with, the good news with patience they connected and worked. Not sure if you want to add any informational elements to the build info that for others might benefit from.

Watching/testing bluetooth, initially sound was cutting out here with airpods running through the card antennas vs the designare antenna.

wifi, wifi-calling, continuity, connection to AirPods with pairing and all of the goodness of the ecosystem seem to be operating.
If you can provide links to each item you ordered, I'll be glad to add them to the Guide. Note that the link for mhf4 connector is not valid...

Back