Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, I used the config you sent over to try to finish the install with the iGPU; I get to the same area; and then goes grey screen. I hit “setup later” for iCloud and kicks to a grey screen. This time it gave me verbose on the back end though.

Could this be anything of a bad install?
I'm at a loss to explain what you're experiencing. That's why I purchased the RX 5700 XT.
I also now have a RX 560. I maybe try and install with the 560 then jump to the 5700 XT. But I would think if it’s something graphics related it wouldn’t bring me to the welcome screen or to setup anything.

If I try to boot Clover for a clean install it gets stuck on Apple screen with a discolored status bar and doesn’t jump to install GUI.
The RX 560 should be a smoother experience. If it still gets stuck at the Welcome wizard, perhaps reinstall macOS Catalina with the RX 560...

The only boot arguments I have are:
dart=0
slide=0
debug=0x100
keepsyms=1
darkwake=0

And thanks for the help, too. Awesome work in the thread.
Cool, but you haven't answered the first question, which is:
  • If you copied the next kexts to /Library/Extensions I assume you ran Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache?

We
  • Which memory fix driver are you using?
    • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
    • AptioMemoryFix.efi
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
This will be in the EFI partition of USB and SSD:
  • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder if using Clover 5xxx
  • CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder if using Clover 4xxx

Well sir, I am not sure about this. I can’t even check as this is the only machine that I have, and it’s not working. I am not sure how to access EFI partition on Windows. It's not letting me go access my hackintosh drive on Windows. Also please help me get this fixed.

Well sir, I am not sure about this. I can’t even check as this is the only machine that I have, and it’s not working. I am not sure how to access EFI partition on Windows. It's not letting me go access my hackintosh drive on Windows. Also please help me get this fixed.
Your signature lists two Hackintoshes:
  • Dead pool
  • Jarvis
You can insert the USB install disk into Dead pool and mount the EFI partition. Then check whether the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (or CLOVER/drivers/UEFI) folder contains one of these files:
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi

Cool, but you haven't answered the first question, which is:
  • If you copied the next kexts to /Library/Extensions I assume you ran Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache?
I added agdpmod=pikera, and it booted up. But, yes, I used Kext Utility both times.

That will also work, but you may need to use iMacPro1,1. Keep in mind that Sidecar in Catalina will not work with iMacPro1,1.

Awesome! Thanks for the expert advice.

The USB SSDT is missing the EC device and the USBX device. Might be a good idea to re-create the custom USB SSDT for your motherboard as described in this new guide:
Another thought, going back to a suggestion about the boot args (attached) which ones should or should not be there?
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.17.21 PM.png

I'm at a loss to explain what you're experiencing. That's why I purchased the RX 5700 XT.

The RX 560 should be a smoother experience. If it still gets stuck at the Welcome wizard, perhaps reinstall macOS Catalina with the RX 560...

It truly blows my mind, I’ve tried so many things and still have issues I placed in the RX 560 and tried to start a fresh install and I get verbose and then it just stops and hangs on

VirtualSMC: vsmc @ disabling itself due to multiple present.

As well as all this verbose.

What blows my mind is I had a crazy smooth running system and I feel like a dumby not creating the clone sooner ‍♂️

If others read this create clone ASAP as Casey mentioned don’t put it off.

I followed the mini-guide and don’t understand why it’s hanging and not bringing me to the GUI installer I’ll attach the efi i our together following the mini guide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
Your signature lists two Hackintoshes:
  • Dead pool
  • Jarvis
You can insert the USB install disk into Dead pool and mount the EFI partition. Then check whether the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (or CLOVER/drivers/UEFI) folder contains one of these files:
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi

Other Listed Deadpool machine in remote location that's an issue else would have done that easily. Please help me with some other work around

Back