Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Designare Z390 + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE + LG 34WK95U-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lg777 Thx for your answer. I have a another question.

I have installed macOS. Now, unfortunately, BT and WiFi does not work.
Is it possible to use the internal Bluetooth and WiFi ?

@lg777 Thank you so much !
Great now everything works thanks again!

You're welcome :)

Currently I am using the latest OpenCore EFI from the CaseySJ thread and as far as I know everything works as expected - except sleep. It does sleep for a second but wakes immediately after. I did try some of the "Sleep Aids" but no luck yet.
Did you encounter anything similar?

And do you plan to update to OpenCore 0.5.9? My setup is almost exactly the same as yours except the GPU is a RX590 and AIO is X73. But I am not quite sure if I need to change anything besides the obvious PlatformInfo/Generic entries.

I use the "Sleep" function very rarely. But I just checked it, my Hackintosh forum sleeps normally and wakes up normally, so no problems.

I just got the OpenCore NDK 0.5.8, as soon as @CaseySJ releases the update to 0.5.9, I will update to 0.5.9 as well.

I have uploaded my current OC-EFI (in post #1), maybe it will help you to fix the sleeping problem.

Last edited:
Thank you this did solve my sleep issue! My screen still keeps flickering after waking up from sleep but this can be solved by turning the screen off and on.

Is it necessary to keep all those wifi related kexts? Wifi + Bluetooth did work while not using those additional kexts

No of course you don't have to use the extra kexts for Bluetooth. I used them for my problem with the jerking mouse. (It works a bit better, but does not solve the problem completely).

Remember, if you don't want to use the kexts, you have to disable them in config.plist:
Kernel --> Add --> <number> --> Enabled: NO

But it should in itself also work well with the kexts.

Hi lg777! I'm an absolute newbie to Macs and macOS, I'm rather a Windows/Linux/FreeBSD man. I'm just trying to help my friend's son, who studies as a filmmaker, to install his Hackintosh (dual boot Windows/macOS) for video editing.

His hardware is almost the same as yours, except the motherboard. He has Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Could you please tell me if I can use your NDK_OC_0_5_8_EFI as is or I should make any changes in it? I'm going to use OpenCore 0.5.9.

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back