Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Designare Z390 + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE + LG 34WK95U-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
@japxbo
Since I set up my Hackintosh, my MacBook Pro is just lying in the corner :D

I've tried a lot of things in the last 3 months. (I must admit I'm very interested.) At the end of March I switched my system to N-D-K OpenCore, and, since then, everything runs stable. I don't use the Hackintosh for video editing, but rather for programming and development. (I am a computer science student.) I am very satisfied with the result.

As far as OpenCore goes, it was easier for me than with Clover. But this is certainly due to the guide from @CaseySJ. He described it really great and also pre-configured it perfectly. The best thing about OC is that you first have to read the documentation for all settings, and, thus, really understand what you are doing!

Here is the link to his guide: OpenCore Mini-Guide

You better take a look at his complete work: Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi!!
Great job! I bought the Z390 Designare ,and for now I'm using another hackintosh for photo and video editing. Can you bring me your actual EFI folder to make the change to the Designare motherboard? Thank you!

In addition, what can you tell me about the DP IN? I'm using a RX 5700 XT, but I saw the mobo comes with a tiny USB C to DP? It needs to connect the graphics card to the motherboard DP IN?

@duspect94
Currently I am using OpenCore, my current EFI folder would not work with Clover. Just have a look at the guide from @CaseySJ (link see above in previous posts)

About the DP and USB-C: I have the 5K LG monitor. Unfortunately, the USB-C of the mainboard does not work so well with it. But as far as the connection is concerned, you have to plug it in as follows: GPU-DP --> Mainboard-DP-IN, Mainboard-USB-C --> Monitor. But as I said with my monitor it works best if I connect it via GPU-DP directly to Monitor (DP).

And here is a link to the good guide for boosting the RX 5700 XT: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2110633

If you need the OpenCore EFI, let me know and I will send it to you ;-)

Last edited:
@lg777
I'd be really interested if you shared your EFI folder with OpenCore! I have the same mobo and processor and I still cannot use the iGPU (with Clover)

@kalumbox
I have uploaded the OpenCore EFI (see post #1)

And make sure you enter the data in PlatformInfo/Generic and possibly also adjust the ROM field.
(I use iMac19,1 in SMBIOS)

Last edited:
great build!!!!

Last edited:
Take a look in here, it might help you: Injecting Audio and Enabling On-Board HDMI

Otherwise check out my Clover EFI or OpenCore EFI. (Depending on what you use) It should work, I don't remember changing any extra settings for audio.

Its ok

Last edited:
@Dobercan It should work, you just have to download the current kexts and replace the old ones with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back