Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Designare Z390 + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE + LG 34WK95U-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used iMac 18,3 in his SMBIOS, perhaps because of this.
If I change the SMBIOS descriptor from iMac19,1 to iMac18,3 do I have to generate an new serial #?

If I change the SMBIOS descriptor from iMac19,1 to iMac18,3 do I have to generate an new serial #?
I cannot answer that question, I have no experience with that. sorry.
Maybe some else?

Hello I have the attached system and origin folder. Can you help me with OpenCore? Clover does not provide full performance.

Attachments

• Report.rar
    56.9 KB · Views: 50
  • origin.rar
    74.8 KB · Views: 57
Hello I have the attached system and origin folder. Can you help me with OpenCore? Clover does not provide full performance.
Which version of OpenCore do you use? Is it an N-D-K OpenCore version?

Best take a look at this guide: OpenCore Mini-Guide

I have tried a lot of things but in combination with Windows I have found no other way than using the N-D-K OpenCore. (This is the only way to boot my Windows with the original DSDT)

Hi and thanks for this great guide!

I have almost the same setup as you, but I have the Kraken x62 and a RX 580 (but I bought a RX 5700 XT that I will upgrade to later this week). Mine is also set to the iMac19,1 because I also followed CaseySJ guide and didn't know that the iMacPro1,1 was closer to our rig so I will change to that aswell when I install the new GPU.

But may I ask, how did you get the bluetooth work? I also bought the NZXT internal USB-Hub and thought that was going to solve all my problems (this was before I knew about the port limitations on apple products).

Thanks again.

Hi and thanks for this great guide!

I have almost the same setup as you, but I have the Kraken x62 and a RX 580 (but I bought a RX 5700 XT that I will upgrade to later this week). Mine is also set to the iMac19,1 because I also followed CaseySJ guide and didn't know that the iMacPro1,1 was closer to our rig so I will change to that aswell when I install the new GPU.

But may I ask, how did you get the bluetooth work? I also bought the NZXT internal USB-Hub and thought that was going to solve all my problems (this was before I knew about the port limitations on apple products).

Thanks again.

1) NZXT-X62: you can also control and adjust it under macOS.
Try out this guide for this: Monitor and Control NZXT Kraken All-in-One Coolers

2) Currently I'm using N-D-K OpenCore 0.5.7 with the iMac19.1 setting (because of the sidecar, it doesn't work with iMacPro1.1). So far I am absolutely satisfied and have no issues open. (Even Windows 10 is, thanks to N-D-K OC, correctly detected and booted without any restrictions)
Here is a guide (as almost always from CaseySJ :thumbup:): OpenCore Mini-Guide

3) For Bluetooth I use the MQUPIN fenvi T919 Wireless Card (BCM94360CD). It is connected to PCIEX_1_2 and also to the NZXT HUB (for Bluetooth). The HUB is connected to HS11/HS12 (see Begin Installation). In the BIOS I switched off the Gigabyte internal WiFi&Bluetooth. This worked here immediately without problems.

Hi and thanks for the answer, I honestly thinks it most be something wrong with my Bluetooth/WiFi card because I tried every single possible way of plugging it in and still can't get it to work.

Nice to know that you used that OpenCore guide, I have been looking at that one as well :)

@Joakim1337
Here is also an interesting link for an acceleration of the RX 5700 XT. (Used it already for a week, works quite well)

Hello, @lg777! Tomorrow I'm going to start preparing a build based in a 9900K + Designare + Vega 64, mainly for video editing. Other times I have made a hackintosh. I have made it with Clover and Hackintool. Would you recommend making it with OpenCore? It is more difficult? Which is the recommended guide? Catalina is stable? Sorry about all these questions but I want to stay with a build with a lot of time. So I want to be sure how and what to install. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back