Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Designare Z390 + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE + LG 34WK95U-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey LG777,

I am littlest curious about your USB mapping and your internal NZXT hub. My setup is very similar but I can't get my bluetooth to work and I suspect its because of the 15 port limitations.

Question 1: Have you made a custom USB mapping or are you using the same that CaseySJ have provided?

Question 2: How many things have you plugged in on your NZXT hub? (dont know if that matters?).

Thank you :)

Hello Joakim1337,

1) I haven't changed anything myself. I use the USB mapping of @CaseySJ.
2) I have connected the following to the HUB:
  • Fenvi19
  • NZXT AIO
  • NZXT Smart Device V2
The HUB itself is connected to HS11/HS12. (see this image from CaseySJ: USB Connectors)
And it worked like that from the beginning. I don't think it's because of the HUB.

This hackintosh is looking sick!! and I'm thinking of buying the components but I have 4 questions:
Can I replace the water cooling with air cooling instead?
Will it work if I take a different RAM with 16GB which is tested and supported?
Is there any way to get Bluetooth to work on this machine?
and lastly Will I be able to set up Dual-Boot with macOS and Windows on this machine?

Thank you very much keep it up :)

@nss
Q1: Can I replace the water cooling with air cooling instead?
A1: Yes of course, that in itself does not matter. And the difference between AIO and air cooling is small. (Starting with very good products in both cases)

Q2: Will it work if I take a different RAM with 16GB which is tested and supported?
A2: Yes of course, but of course the RAM should be supported by the board (according to Gigabyte listing)

Q3: Is there any way to get Bluetooth to work on this machine?
A3: So for me Bluetooth works without any special settings (with Fenvi-19). But if you mean the integrated Bluetooth chip, I don't think it's possible without any special settings. With me it is switched off in the BIOS.

Q4: Will I be able to set up Dual-Boot with macOS and Windows on this machine?
A4: Well, I got both systems going. I need Windows for all the RGB settings. (But with Clover you are a little bit better positioned concerning the topic dual-boot system)

I hope I could help you. Good luck and above all have fun with the Hackintoshing :)

@nss
Q1: Can I replace the water cooling with air cooling instead?
A1: Yes of course, that in itself does not matter. And the difference between AIO and air cooling is small. (Starting with very good products in both cases)

Q2: Will it work if I take a different RAM with 16GB which is tested and supported?
A2: Yes of course, but of course the RAM should be supported by the board (according to Gigabyte listing)

Q3: Is there any way to get Bluetooth to work on this machine?
A3: So for me Bluetooth works without any special settings (with Fenvi-19). But if you mean the integrated Bluetooth chip, I don't think it's possible without any special settings. With me it is switched off in the BIOS.

Q4: Will I be able to set up Dual-Boot with macOS and Windows on this machine?
A4: Well, I got both systems going. I need Windows for all the RGB settings. (But with Clover you are a little bit better positioned concerning the topic dual-boot system)

I hope I could help you. Good luck and above all have fun with the Hackintoshing :)

Thank you!

I honestly just realized that it works, its just very weak lol. I have my computer under my desk, I think I will put it on my desk and problem solved lol.

Thanks again king

Hi @lg777,
in your first post you mention that you use Catalina 10.15.6. Is that correct? When upgrading to 10.15.5. or 10.15.6. did you have to change anything in your settings to keep the Radeon GPU working?
My system runs without problems until 10.15.4., but when upgrading to 10.15.6. I get the error "gIOScreenLockState 3" during boot and the screen stays black.

Thanks for your help

@SplitGamer I could easily update without any problems. What comes to my mind spontaneously is, if you use the RadeonBoost.kext, try to turn it off.

@SplitGamer I could easily update without any problems. What comes to my mind spontaneously is, if you use the RadeonBoost.kext, try to turn it off.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately removing RadeonBoost.kext did not bring any improvement, but I will compare your EFI configuration with mine later.

I'm building a new hackintosh, and I wonder why your Compute Metal Geekbench scores are less than my with RX 580?
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 17.21.42.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 17.20.33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back