i7-6700
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After 7 tries and constantly reinstalling multibeast, I have finally managed to complete a stable Dual Boot Hackintosh with the Z77X-D3H motherboard that runs Windows & Yosemite.

New Post: Dual Boot El Capitan!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-ga-z77x-d3h-dual-boot-windows-el-capitan.196139

Specs:
- Z77X-D3H Motherboard
- Samsung Pro SSD
- Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
- NVIDIA GeForce 970
- Two Dell Monitors with DVI/Display Port (Does Not Work with VGA)
- Core i7 Processor

Step 1:
- Create a UniBeast Flash Drive using Unibeast 5.
- Make sure the UniBeast Flash Drive is set to Master Boot Record and Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Step 2:
- Create a Windows DVD or Flash Drive

Step 3:
- Load Optimized Defaults in the BIOS.
- I did not have to change any BIOS settings.

Step 4:
- Load the Unibeast Flash Drive by using F12 to enter the boot options.

Step 5:
- Boot into the UniBeast installer. (I had to use GraphicsEnabler=No and nv_disable=1 for the GTX 970.)

Step 6:
- Go into Utilities, then Disk Utility.
- Click on the HDD or SSD you will be installing OS X and Windows on.
- Go into the partition tab.
- Click Options then choose GUID Partition Method.
- Make two partitions; the OS X partition on the top and the Windows partition on the Bottom. Set the OS X Partition to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and the Windows Partition to MS-DOS.
- Apply then exit Disk Utility

Step 7:
- Install onto the OS X partiton.

Step 8:
- Once the install has finished, boot into OS X with the Unibeast Flash Drive. (I had to use the GraphicsEnabler=No and nv_disable=1 bootflags again, then, nvda_drv=1 after installing the graphics drivers for the GTX 970.)

Step 9:
- When the setup is finnished, open up Multibeast Yosemite.
- Only install the VoodoHDA 2.7.3, AtherosL1cEthernet, and USB 3.0 Universal Kexts. (The newer VoodoHDA Kexts don't work for some reason.)
- DO NOT Install Any Bootloaders or Startup Options Yet. You need to install Windows first.

Step 10:
- Shut down your computer and load the Windows installer by using the boot options with F12.

Step 11:
- Install windows on to the Windows partiton you made earlier. Only format the Windows partition. I formatted the wrong partition when I first installed and had to start all over.

Step 12:
- When Windows has finished installing, go through the setup process then shut down your computer.

Step 13:
- Boot into OS X again with the UniBeast Flash Drive by entering the boot options with F12.

Step 14:
- Open Multibeast again.
- Install EasyBeast.
- The Atheros and Audio Kexts are already installed.

Step 15:
- Restart you computer and enjoy your new Hackintosh!

You may need to remove the AppleHDA kext or install the AppleHDA Disabler kext if the audio doesn't work.

(If Needed)
I added the following lines to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-f nvda_drv=1</string>

Feel free to leave any comments and/or questions if you have any.

Last edited:
The MultiBeast Quick Start option DSDT-Free is recommend for your setup. See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that comes with MultiBeast for Yosemite or http://www.multibeast.com for the default configuation drivers/kexts it loads. Then, you just need to add your audio and Ethernet drivers/kexts to complete your configuration.

For Multi-Booting, see the following forum section and it's sticky threads: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back